New user need Help

Karolx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all ,
I am new web Designer doing online shop for hookah.
and need to make photos of them something like
http://aviewfrommybalcony.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/catalyst-hookah.jpg
1- what the background color i have pot that i can cute only the hookah easily . in Photoshop etc..
2- how should to use the light ( from up or side to side etc..) or i do not need light at all only by flash.
3- do i need to use flash.
4- which specification setting i have to do with the camera to get better Photos for the web .
5-how many CM or Meters have to be between "Camera , me " and the Product when taken the snap shot sure.
any information will help me
thanks & Cheers
PS : i got Sony dsc-h7

Last edited:
since there's almost no shadows on that, i'm guessing there were more than 3 lights, also, it was done with a white backdrop, which is considerable easier and cheaper to do then buy photoshop and edit out a background that way.

You do not need flash per se, but you do need studio lights to do it right.

For your camera i would suggest getting a tripod, doing it on self timer mode, aperture priority (if your camera can do it, the smallest aperture, and then pressing shutter and waiting for self timer, that should get you a steady and clear/sharp image.

For the final touch, download picasa (off of google) and edit your picture how you want from there.

Inst!nct thank you for the reply already i have photoshop CS4 and got some skills with it
but when snapping with white back ground the photo cute sounds really hard cos there is some part of hookah are white and anther are Transparent.
when trying to cut get really missed up .
ok if i get studio lights how i have to pot them ?
and how many cm or m have to be between me and the Hookah when i am snapping the Photo
Thanks

I would just smoke the hookahs and be unconcerned with anything else.

already doing that :p
what light studio do you recommend to buy ?

already doing that :p
what light studio do you recommend to buy ?

light studio kit you mean? i saw a recent thread of this in the forums, search light studio kit and im SURE you will get more then you need ;)

what do you mean by "cute" as you said in both your posts previous to this one?

I think he means "cut".
I think he wants to know what kind of background to use to make it easier to remove the background in photoshop, to maybe make a transparent .gif.

Just my guess.

I think he means "cut".
I think he wants to know what kind of background to use to make it easier to remove the background in photoshop, to maybe make a transparent .gif.

Just my guess.

but when snapping with white back ground the photo cute sounds really hard cos

lol if thats what it means then i'll take your word for it, to the OP, i suggest you get the background you want in the beginning instead of having to go back afterwards and photochopping it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back