New v600 scan quality?

catwa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just bought a new epson v600 scanner to scan 35 and 120 film. However the images are really blurry/ out of focus. (quality of negatives are fine) I use the Epson scanners at uni and have no problem with quality. Used both Epson and Vuescan software but still a problem.

Read lots that this is a common problem and its just the quality you get from epson but surely for £214 I can get a lot better quality than this?
img006.jpg

(35mm scan)

This photo is pin sharp in the original print,

Scans do need a lot of sharpening but this appears to be something else. Was the negative completely flat before you inserted it in the holder.? Was it flat in the holder? Was ICE turned off (does not work properly with BW negatives or Ko0dachrome).

This looks like the negatives are not properly spaced with regard to the scanner bed. The blur is pretty uniform. Is it possible to put the holder in wrong, thereby raising or lowering it with regard to the bed?

I have the Canon 8800F and I have had results like this when scanning odd sized negs where I have to make a holder for them.

This looks like the negatives are not properly spaced with regard to the scanner bed. The blur is pretty uniform. Is it possible to put the holder in wrong, thereby raising or lowering it with regard to the bed?

I have the Canon 8800F and I have had results like this when scanning odd sized negs where I have to make a holder for them.

I'm using the holder that comes with the scanner, matched up the points A on the holder to point A on the flatbed. The negative is completely flat from being kept in a plastic sleeve for a few months no curling or anything.

11759595_10206979818875138_1579809443_n.jpg

That sure looks right. Do all of the scans come out blurry? That is really disappointing.

I'd try to get hold of someone at Epson and see if they might be able to help.

Something's definitely wrong with the scanner, I'd exchange it if I were you. I have the exact same model, and here's what I'm getting from it(Fuji Velvia slide scan)

Scan-018.jpg

Thanks, I have emailed the people I bought it off and sent examples of to Epson for them to look at. They seem to be going on about dpi a lot but I have no quality difference between 300 dpi and 4800 dpi so i'm sure this is not the issue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back