More pics:

SirCharlesDay2.png

For the blog.

Macro shots:

SirCharlesMacro2.png

SirCharlesMacro1.png

SirCharlesMacro3.png

SirCharlesMacro4.png

The last one is horrible and the second to last could be better, I know. ;)

Personally it looks like you missed the focus on pretty much all of them.

You need to get a CPOL to get rid of the glare off the wood top... Its blown out

The first one is a little out of focus, and I know the last two are... but the second and third? And what's a CPOL?

Circular polarizer. Would've helped a lot.

Can you use those on digital cameras like mine? I just have one of those little ones.

Can you use those on digital cameras like mine? I just have one of those little ones.

Nope, that's a DSLR only thing. They fit on the front of the lens. However, I would adjust your lighting. Amazing pictures can still come from those tiny cameras if you know how to use them right. Here are some of mine before I had my DSLR. Pay attention to the lighting:

2805273064_fcea75a43e.jpg

2805273616_08245018fc.jpg

how do you go about doing that?

In your post processing program there should be a way to do it. It will usually be in the form of a little meter.

I'll check that out tomorrow.

I would've liked them a lot more if you'd got the focus perfect; the two which are second and third from last would've looked very nice. Also, try and put them against a very basic background, maybe just a sky-blue cloth. It looked a bit cluttered.

Still, I do quite like the second and third photos. Nice bokeh (rendition of out-of-focus areas), and the exposure is good. Keep on practising, and you'll get it in no time :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back