er111a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
light.jpg

I took this on accident when I forgot to turn the camera off and took a pic while walking and thought it was cool tell me you thoughts and even a C&C would be nice :) btw if your wondering what I meant by the title, I am saying this is abstract photography or a new wave

Where were you walking???

I think Im missing something.

there are bright yellow lines and stuff. and you were walking in your school and accidentally took this. where were you in your school?

light.jpg

I took this on accident when I forgot to turn the camera off and took a pic while walking and thought it was cool tell me you thoughts and even a C&C would be nice :) btw if your wondering what I meant by the title, I am saying this is abstract photography or a new wave

One of your best photographic efforts yet. And I mean that 100 percent seriously. I am familiar with your posting history here, and the kind of work you have posted and the reactions your posts have received. THis is the *best* shot you have put up here. By far. And yes, this is part of a new wave in digital photography.

Have you heard of camera tossing??? Seriously. Look here, and see the beautiful,incredible photos people are doing with light sources at night.

Flickr: Camera Toss

Some of this stuff is insanely beautiful. Your shot is actually a nice bit of artistic expression. I think you ought to ask yourself though, just how much of an accident this really is. Is it *really* just an "accident"? How about a calculated risk? How about an "artistic effort"? If you know much about how a camera works, pointing it at light sources after sundown and making an exposure is not really "an accident"--it's something much more than an accident. It's serendipity!

light.jpg

One of your best photographic efforts yet. And I mean that 100 percent seriously. I am familiar with your posting history here, and the kind of work you have posted and the reactions your posts have received. THis is the *best* shot you have put up here. By far. And yes, this is part of a new wave in digital photography.

Have you heard of camera tossing??? Seriously. Look here, and see the beautiful,incredible photos people are doing with light sources at night.

Flickr: Camera Toss

Some of this stuff is insanely beautiful. Your shot is actually a nice bit of artistic expression. I think you ought to ask yourself though, just how much of an accident this really is. Is it *really* just an "accident"? How about a calculated risk? How about an "artistic effort"? If you know much about how a camera works, pointing it at light sourced after sundown and making an exposure is not really "an accident"--it's something much more than an accident.

Your and bitter's post make me cry of laughter 99% of the time =D :lmao::lmao:

Well, that's probably because Bitter Jeweler and I have studied art and design,and we are committed to "Art", and artistic expression. You on the other hand, have some snaps up on your Flickr account that show me that to you, a camera is not much more than a mere recording device. A tool for snaps that are direct representations of simple moments in time, with no attempt to put any kind of artistic "expression" or "impression" into the photographs. Bitter Jeweler is the kind of man who can take a hunk of silver or gold and fashion it into "something"--something of beauty, with elements of design and artistry.

I tried to add some value to the post, and to give every person reading the post a referring URL to an entire new form of artistic expression that has suddenly exploded in the world of digital photography,which is a subject called camera tossing. I encourage you to click on the URL and maybe learn a bit more about something you obviously know almost nothing about. So, please Live_free, feel free to laugh at me and Bitter Jeweler. And while you're not laughing, it would be nice if you could perhaps try and learn some of the elements and principles of design,and stop snapping shots of your phone sitting on your desk...

thank you for that I do like to think it was a accident but I was trying to take a pic of the school but had it on a 10 sec exposure I believe on accident and when I realized this I was like damn lol then I looked at it later and was like wow thats cool. I am only 16 and no way am I going to say I know art, but I will say this when I am older and do wanna major in art and be a pro photographer :)

oh_snap_flowchart_sm_medium.jpg

Edit: not my image but completely appropriate.

Last edited:
What you really meant to say is "I took this shot on purpose". Right? ;)

Well, that's probably because Bitter Jeweler and I have studied art and design,and we are committed to "Art", and artistic expression. You on the other hand, have some snaps up on your Flickr account that show me that to you, a camera is not much more than a mere recording device. A tool for snaps that are direct representations of simple moments in time, with no attempt to put any kind of artistic "expression" or "impression" into the photographs. Bitter Jeweler is the kind of man who can take a hunk of silver or gold and fashion it into "something"--something of beauty, with elements of design and artistry.

I tried to add some value to the post, and to give every person reading the post a referring URL to an entire new form of artistic expression that has suddenly exploded in the world of digital photography,which is a subject called camera tossing. I encourage you to click on the URL and maybe learn a bit more about something you obviously know almost nothing about. So, please Live_free, feel free to laugh at me and Bitter Jeweler. And while you're not laughing, it would be nice if you could perhaps try and learn some of the elements and principles of design,and stop snapping shots of your phone sitting on your desk...

Just wanted to say thanks for the camera toss link, I've done some extended shutter pictures while driving down the road, but the camera toss thing is new.

Most reactions

Back