New wave of photography

I dig it. Personally that would be one Id frame and hang up....

but lets be clear that shooting things like that does not display a particular skill, just a happy accident.....not to be a jerk.

I'm currently doing a project on "Camera Tossing" like effects by just walking with a 10 - 15 second shutter speed. My best shots have been when I've put the camera on a tripod in the back of the car and just drive and trigger with a remote release!

I'm still editing and captioning but they will be up in a few days. Love this stuff! 2 Thumbs up

light.jpg

I took this on accident when I forgot to turn the camera off and took a pic while walking and thought it was cool tell me you thoughts and even a C&C would be nice :) btw if your wondering what I meant by the title, I am saying this is abstract photography or a new wave

Thanks for posting your work. You have received some very insightful CC. Keep em coming~:thumbup:
jorge

I think it is quite nice. More like art...

After reading this thread, I decided to build a rig that allows the photographer to throw the camera up into the air and not have to worry about it getting damaged. I have already completed part of it and I will post pictures once I finish. Anyway, great picture!

After reading this thread, I decided to build a rig that allows the photographer to throw the camera up into the air and not have to worry about it getting damaged. I have already completed part of it and I will post pictures once I finish. Anyway, great picture!
cool maybe tell me how to build it ;)

but lets be clear that shooting things like that does not display a particular skill, just a happy accident.....not to be a jerk.

if all you did was make shots like this, after a while, they would be better than the earliest ones. so there is skill (technique/judgement) involved.

i'm sure Jackson Pollock refined his action painting technique after a few experiments.

with these light trail shots, you can begin to recognise situations which will give you certain colors/intensities/patterns. that's a skill.

Uh...Happy Accidents are great for learning. They often show you something you may have never thought of and give you a new avenue to persue. Getting images like this is not as easy as you want to make it sound. You have to have the foresight to see if a particular location will lend itself to creating a great image.

The image posted here may have been an accident, but it really gave me something to think about in the future, when I go out night shooting. To be clear, taking an image like this one, and creating a cohesive series of successful abstracts, is quite challenging. There is skill and vision involved.

Will er111a ever be able to repeat it? Time will tell, eh?

Uh...Happy Accidents are great for learning. They often show you something you may have never thought of and give you a new avenue to persue. Getting images like this is not as easy as you want to make it sound. You have to have the foresight to see if a particular location will lend itself to creating a great image.

The image posted here may have been an accident, but it really gave me something to think about in the future, when I go out night shooting. To be clear, taking an image like this one, and creating a cohesive series of successful abstracts, is quite challenging. There is skill and vision involved.

Will er111a ever be able to repeat it? Time will tell, eh?
maybe ;)

Try, but don't beat yourself up if it doesn't happen right away.

Accident or not, I really like this one, and I would hang it on my wall.

How did it go?

Success? Still figuring it out?

I won't lie to you - this looks like it would be hard to repeat (for me anyway). Keep trying, but never loose faith. You did it once - you can do it again.

The hard part is figuring out exactly what it is that you did, lol.

Most reactions

Back