New website need feedback please

Seven7109

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi :)
I am trying out Smug Mug right now and would love some feedback and critiques on how it looks so far http://sandrabell-photography.smugmug.com/

I am by no means a pro but would like to do small shoots for friends and people at work.

would like to do small shoots for friends and people at work.
If you were marketing to the public, I'd suggest you get your own domain name but for this purpose, I think it's very good.

The layout is nice and simple but still looks good. The images did load a bit slowly, but I that's probably because you uploaded large images.

Thank you for looking :)
I think the images are a little on the large side D'oh will look into shrinking them.

Sorry, I was an editor in a former life, but...

"Photo's" shouldn't have an apostrophe in it.

But you've got some great photos on here. I don't have a problem with the size.

The photos loaded fairly quick for me, but maybe you had already reduced their size. I enjoyed them, and gave a :thumbup: on the ones I really liked. Good luck with your endeavour.

Jim lol thanks I really need to do a grammer check/ spell check :0
Mo Thank you they have not been resized yet but will load quickly with high speed.

I think it looks really good, I like the dark colors because they really make your images pop and highlight the images. I think the only thing that bugs me a little (though it's just personal taste) is the orange text under the logo and the green outline color. I personally think choosing one color will help keep the focus on the images. great job! :D

If you are marketing to the public, you need to get rid of all the extranneous photos and categories. If someone is looking for a portrait photographer, they're not going to care about your Toronto Zoo shots. ;) If you feel the need to display those, why not have 2 sites. One which is your "business" site, and one for your personal photos (which are great, by the way...I'm a birdwatcher, and enjoyed seeing those...)

Thanks Jenie and wildmaven :)
Changed the orange color and took out a couple of galleries ( I do go overboard)

Thanks Jenie and wildmaven :)
Changed the orange color and took out a couple of galleries ( I do go overboard)

Ha ha...yeah, when you're really proud of your own work, it's hard NOT to want to show it all to the world. :) But that's why we're all here, to get objective opinions.

^^^ so true lol, I love the feedback it realy helps

Most reactions

New Topics

Back