new website

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by manderb1, Oct 22, 2007.

1. manderb1

manderb1 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
  2. guitarmy

guitarmy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I hear you on the money front, so I understand why you went with a freewebs domain. However, it comes off as amateur to me.

I don't like that your homepage is your wedding pricing page. That shouldn't be the first, or most important, thing.

The layout of the site is clean and sharp and easy to navigate. Kudos on that.

I would add a contact link/page and an about link/page. Perhaps your homepage could be the 'about' page.

Also I'd look at GoDaddy.com to get a domain name without the 'freewebs' precursor.

My thoughts.

3. manderb1

manderb1 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for the advice. I was thinking about adding an about me section but I really don't know what to put for perfessionalism. I am not a member of any type of clubs or anything. Should I just put my experiences down ? Thanks for the help!

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I couldn't see the site, blocked by Sonicwall, which my company uses.

Check out as many photographer's web sites as you can. You don't need to copy anything but just have a look at what they have done....and see if you get an inspiration.

5. manderb1

manderb1 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks Big Mike, thats a great idea. I have looked at a few locally. I will keep working on the website. Any more critiques are welcome, the more the merrier!