New wide angle

the 18-70 aint bad, pick it up used for 230 bucks, the lens u have a link to doesnt seem like its all that great. 50mm is honestly a great portrait lens, very sharp and good dof, just step back a few feet.

So are you looking for more of a standard zoom and not really a dedicated wide angle, with the lenses you have you could look at like a 10-22 or 12-24, also tamron makes a pretty highly reccommended 17-50 2.8 and sigma makes a similar lens and their both around like 400-500 new.

What camera are you using also? Becuase if its anything other then full frame that sigma that you linked is gonna be about the same as your 50mm.

Right now i have a 50mm 1.8, 70-300mm 3.5 sigma, and a Sb-600. I find when im inside the 50mm has too much zoom. So i figure that i should buy a wide angle.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/397595-USA/Sigma_634306_28_70mm_f_2_8_4_Compact_High.html

I also like the Nikon 18-70mm but its a bit slow.
I know i have a flash but it annoys some people when i do portraits and its big.

The 18-70 is only half a step slower than the lens you linked to, but it is way wider and that would be nice for you inside. The 18-70 is also a pretty good lens in terms of sharpness and build quality for the price.

Also if you have a crop camera, the 28mm will not really be a wide ange, but it would still be wider than a 50mm.

photogincollege: a 50m is a 50mm no matter what camera you put it on, but the angle of view changes depending on the sensor size. So a 28 mm is always wider than a 50mm on the same camera. But if you put a 50mm on a full frame and a 28mm on a dx camera the angle of view on those two cameras would be about the same.

I just meant the focal length of the 28 on a crop would be 42 i believe it is so not really wide angle, thats all i was saying.

I just meant the focal length of the 28 on a crop would be 42 i believe it is so not really wide angle, thats all i was saying.

Yes, the 28mm on a crop camera would have the same angle of view as a 42mm on a full format camera. The 50mm on his crop camera has the same angle of view as a 75mm on a full format camera. So the 28mm is still a lot wider than the 50mm, but you're right that it's not really much of a wide angle at all on a crop camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back