NEW XTI Users Please Help!!!

PhotoHeather

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My XTI came today!!! (YEAH!) but one problem... my first shot is image number: 138-3807
Is this a used camera???? There is not a scratch or mark on it.
I am using an old CF card in it but deleted all the pics from it prior to installing and reformatted the card in the new XTI prior to shooting. Perhaps this is the reason?

Or does this particular camera start numbering where ever it pleases?

EEK!

Thanks for any and all help!

Nevermind.. I looked at my last shot with the CF and guess what number it was.... 3806. On a TOTALLY different camera. Strange that it kept the number after the reformatting. I feel sheepish. Sorry.

Hmm. I just read about this yesterday. This camera will count up to 9000 or 9999 I believe and will restart at 0001 when it's reached the max.
I'm sure if you go into the configuration settings you can reset it at zero. I dont have one (yet) but I've played with my friends camera that's a few years older.
I'm going to assume that the configuration menu is the little wrench thing.

I'm sure someone else knows much more than me.

I'm sure if you go into the configuration settings you can reset it at zero.

Thanks! I will do that. I was only able to play with my camera for about 1/2 hour today and mostly took test shots to see if the lens was up to par. Almost all my pics are throw away so starting again at 0 is a good idea! Thanks!

Thanks! I will do that. I was only able to play with my camera for about 1/2 hour today and mostly took test shots to see if the lens was up to par. Almost all my pics are throw away so starting again at 0 is a good idea! Thanks!

I'm not sure if the XTi is exactly the same as the XT, but on my XT you can reset the counter to 0 by going to the first "tools" menu, and a few items down select "file numbering" and then "reset" and you'll go back to zero.

The file count is stored on your camera and not the CF card so a reformat won't change it.

Happy shooting!

If you are using a used CF then the numbers can be screwed up with that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back