New Years Resolutions Do You Make Them?

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone making New Year's Resolutions yet????

I have resolved myself to the necessity of losing 20#s of excess that I've picked up in the last 2 months. I worked really hard earlier this year dropping 20#s of weight by simply eating sensibly. Then in October I started letting up on that, my big thing is "grazing" of an evening. So now I've gained back all I've lost and enough is enough, time to shed some pounds again.

Good luck.

32 years ago I resolved to not make New Years resolutions . . . I haven’t broken it yet.

Nope. Tried a few New Year's resolutions, one year, maybe 30 years back. Never again.

@Derrel I've found that my declining short term memory means that if I don't write it down it won't happen. I try to pace myself by limiting resolutions to the bare minimum :biggrin:

The weight thing is pretty easy for me. Lose 20 lbs or buy larger pants. Not gonna happen.

Last edited:
I may try to drop a pound, or two, or fifteen.

Tomorrow.

Or maybe the day after that...

smoke665 said:
The weight thing is pretty easy for me. Lose 20 lbs or buy larger pants. Not gonna happen.

Which will not happen? Losing the 20 pounds? Or buying the new pants?

Me? I've lost a lot of weight over the past eighteen months...something like 120 pounds. I am now the thinnest, fittest, and strongest I have been in 20 years, so, anything is possible. I'm just fifteen days shy of turning 55 years old, so, never say never! And....I need new pants as well now.

I always make one or two resolutions for the new year. Usually at least one is some type of lifestyle change like eat healthier or exercise more or get more sleep. Then there are the personal resolutions like socialize more or spend more time with my mom. And of course there are the mental health resolutions like being more present or taking time for myself.

This year I have a few. Lose the weight I gained since the summer. Get back to yoga a couple of times a week. Stop raising my hand - I have a terrible case of volunteerism.

@Derrel for me it's lose the weight. I've managed to hold my weight over the years by being very active. Unfortunately over the last 5-6 years I've had some health issues that have slowed me down. Weight makes it worse.

I have resolutions, but they are not too big, attainable with reasonable effort. For this year I've identified the following as my resolutions:

- incorporate more fruits and vegetables in my diet
- go running at least twice a week
- improve my language skills (Japanese)

Most reactions

Back