New Year's Resolutions in Photography

Aoide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photine.net
I saw this over at the photoblogs.org blog and thought it was an interesting topic.

Photography wise, are there any resolutions that you are making for the new year?

As for me:
1.) New website (I actually couldn't wait, so I've already started. I'll put the link back in my profile once it's up and running.)
2.) Save up money for a DSLR. This one may actually take more than one year. LOL.
3.) Try to find my style. As I mentioned in the photography style post, I'm new to photography and so my style is all over the place. I'm not sure what I like and what I don't.
4.) Keep up with the photo memes. (PhotoFriday, Lensday, Theme Thursday, etc.) I like them because they force me to get out there and shoot and to use my creativity to interpret the theme.
5.) TPF. Post at least twice a month in the photo gallery and participate in the Photo Challenge.

I guess that is all for now. No huge earth shattering goals. Just trying for consistency.

How about you guys? Anything you want to put in writing about your photography goals in the coming year? :camera:

Stop me if you've heard this before...

1) Identify a central subject or theme for my work; not quite the same as finding a style, but closely related.

2) Improve my website; post more and better, improve the presentation (already underway).

3a) Don't obsess about the gear, and live by the One-Metre Rule: the camera within one metre of me is the best one in the world. Use it. Taking lots and lots of photos - preferably good ones - goes without saying.

3b) Convince the Editor-In-Residence that the budget allows a DSLR this summer. This does not conflict with 3A as long as I don't get hung upon what I "can't do" with my OMR camera.

matthew robertson said:
3a) Don't obsess about the gear, and live by the One-Metre Rule: the camera within one metre of me is the best one in the world.

I love this quote. This is something a lot of people should resolve.

1. Finish my NYIP course (been on Unit 5 for over 5 months).

2. Get some of my pics blown up and put them on display at my friend's bar.

3. Stop buying gear and start taking more pictures.

4. Post more pictures on here!

1) Step up to 6.3 SLR from 4.0 Compact

2)Light filters (polariser + 8x Neutral Gray filter)

3) Suction caps, mounting bars and camera dollies

If anyone can suggest anything else i'm listening!! :D :D

1> buy a decent printer so i can put my favourite shots up in my room

2> Get out and take more photos

3> Get a TLR just because i would love to have one- even if i dont use it much

1) spend much more time on photography
2) become a member of the local photo society

Aoide said:
matthew robertson said:
3a) Don't obsess about the gear, and live by the One-Metre Rule: the camera within one metre of me is the best one in the world.

I love this quote. This is something a lot of people should resolve.

Me too, but I only seem able to follow it when I'm in jessops! :wink:

like many have said, I'm starting to save up, most likely for a Rebel as they are one of the "cheaper" and ones I've seen plenty of great results from.

I've managed to get the money together to buy an Olympus E300 - just as soon as they hit the shops. I think I need to start taking this digital thing as seriously as I take film.

shoot more film

go on at least 4 trips this year to exotic places and shoot them...alot.

JT baby.

finally shoot a model for the first time.

md

1) Spend less of equipment.

2) Have a go at street photograph.

3) Try out my Holga.

4) Actually take some photos from time to time.

I don't seem to be doing number four all that much at the moment.

Most reactions

Back