New York City anyone?

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How about a meet up in NYC, there are a million things you can photograph here.

I've attempted this twice so far, nothing ever came of it.

im still game. if something comes of this, and i dont post in it, please PM me. im always game to meet up and shoot!

I've found that you will get a far better response if you just pick a date and make sure its in the thread title.

use this thread to pick 2 or 3 dates and see which is the most popular then start a new thread with that date in the title

Send me the air-ticket and I'll be there in a blink!!
NYC is totally fascinating.
It's only disadvantage is that it is just "a tad" out of my immediate reach...

Send me the air-ticket and I'll be there in a blink!!
NYC is totally fascinating.
It's only disadvantage is that it is just "a tad" out of my immediate reach...
ok it's in the mail lol. If I can I'll try asking Bloomberg or someone to sponsor your trip here to NYC :p

I would definitely be game for a meet up in NYC. The issue is that I work almost all weekends (my days off are monday and tuesday). If all is quiet at work, I "might" just *cough cough* be sick enough to make it to NYC. A commitment is pretty tough.

Funny.. I see lots of meet ups all over the world. Even remember a bunch of TPF members flying into NYC for a meet up. But getting the locals to meet up is tough... Perhaps we all work too much.

I would definitely be game for a meet up in NYC. The issue is that I work almost all weekends (my days off are monday and tuesday). If all is quiet at work, I "might" just *cough cough* be sick enough to make it to NYC. A commitment is pretty tough.

Funny.. I see lots of meet ups all over the world. Even remember a bunch of TPF members flying into NYC for a meet up. But getting the locals to meet up is tough... Perhaps we all work too much.

JUST PICK A DATE ;)
this thread is about 6 weeks old and still no date. JUST PICK ONE and if no one can make it then pick another. Trust me it works

Yes. The "secret" of organising meet-ups is that you must set a fixed date. And be boldly presenting it. A reasonable amount of time ahead. Then everyone can check their calendars and bank books and say either yes or no. You must come up with an OFFER, like any travel agency does with holiday trips they want to sell. And those who want to and can accept your offer will do, and those who don't want to or cannot accept it won't.

A weekend meet-up need not be announced 1 1/2 years in advance.
But I had the dates for the Germany Meet-Up of May last year out and to be known by everyone 19 months before! That then attracted people over from the States, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Saudi-Arabia... They all had time to put it onto their radar, not forget about it when they did their plannings, save up some and all.

That's also why the next big international Meet-Up in Newfoundland is being "advertised" already! So we here, for example, already know how to do our next summer's holiday planning! It will be a trip to Newfoundland!

yea man, just pick a date!

I'll be off from school from jan 27-30 this year. If anybody else can make it that would be great. It's probably too late to announce such near dates but its hard for me since My schedule always changes.

i work during the week.
pick a weekend date... maybe the weekend beginning the 30th?

Or Beth, you pick the date, and start a new thread which announces there WILL be a TPF Meet-Up in NYC on 30 and/or 31st January, meeting point so-and-so and a certain time. And those who can make it, make it there. On such short notice it might be a bit of a risk, and you might go into NYC to just be there alone... or you might at least meet Jaszek --- but I know there are many more New Yorkers there! Must be!

Most reactions

Back