New York City Candids (part 1)

chakalakasp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bigstormpicture.com
I just got back from spending a few days hunting down photos in NYC.. man, what a city! I tried to focus on urban candids as I walked out and about on the streets. One of the fun thing to do with candids is hold the camera still on the subject until the very moment the subject realizes you're there & looks at you. You have to be quick, though, as people's faces change big time once it registers they're being photographed. (Sometimes that's fun too, though!) Here's what I came up with -- I'll post plenty more over the rest of the week.

1. Fisherman

2. Bride

3. Family

4. Movie star

5. Praying at sunrise

cool pictures! I love how in the fisherman one you can see the reflection of one hand in each of the lenses of his sunglasses.

also, SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!!!!!!!

Very cool, I certainly want to go out and do that same thing. Only I will go to Amsterdam if you don't mind. Nice series, hope to see more soon!

I hate shooting people... I dont have the patience or the knack... so I tend to stay away from it and live the fun through others eyes... I did definately live the fun in these shots... all of them are great for their own reasons... =)

PimpinD said:
how did u get the shot of Samuel L Jackson, was he just chililng?

He was sitting on a stool by a window at MTV on the phone with someone. I think he was waiting for his turn to be interviewed on one of their shows. It was funny, because nobody noticed him for the most part. Everyone was down the street a block looking up, waiting for Christina Aguilera to wave down from the set of TRL. The photo was shot just as he looked down and noticed me. I don't think he minded, as he nodded at me and then smiled before getting up and walking back down the hallway.

So I have finally got the time to start going through your series here, Ryan, which I had seen up and active all the while I was in the UK - but over there I never had time to really browse the forum much, let along type out replies, but now I went to the series via your profile and the "Find all threads by chakalakasp"-link and will look at all your New York Candids. All of them. From the look at this first one I am sure it will be worth it.

On to Part 2 then. :D
(And silly German who I am I would not have know you got the pic of a movie star, hadn't others pointed it out :oops: ).

Most reactions

Back