New York City Meetup (yes, it's FINALLY set in stone!)

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, guys....I've been talking about NYC in March for some time now, and it's finally set in stone.

Joe, Sky, and I will be there from March 9th, 10th, and 11th...although on the 9th and the 11th we'll be hanging out with other non-photogs, too...everyone is welcome, but we probably won't be doing a whole ton of shooting those days....so Saturday the 10th is the main meetup day.

All of us (Joe, Sky, me, and Joe's friends) will be seeing a show at 8 on Saturday night, but all day before that is open.

So...who's in?

I don't know....is there anything worth taking pics of in NYC? :mrgreen:

Sure, count me in. I don't know my schedule exactly but I'll do the best I can to be there.

pascal

I know I'm new here but I'd like to join in. I am in need of inspiration anyway and spending an afternoon with a few fellow photographers might be just the thing to get my creative juices flowing again.

Ok so where are we meeting? :er:

I figured we'd figure that out a couple days before the meetup. :p I dunno...where should we meet? Our hotel is in lower Manhattan, about a five minute walk from Ground Zero.

We could meet by Ground Zero and anyone who wants to take pics or reflect would be able to. Then, perhaps we can decide if you want to go to the Seaport, which is walking distance from Ground Zero or we can venture the subway and go uptown to Central Park or whatever anyone else has in mind.

That park in front of city Hall is the perfect meet up spot in that area. Its a small area you cant miss each other.

It would be totally cool to be able to meet some of you more experienced people but Im probably going to be stuck studying (which is what ive been doing for the last 2 weekends).

well, I've we're gonna meet somewhere near Ground Zero, we have to take pics of the Brooklyn Bridge of course...!

aswoensdag003-1.jpg

No, of course we don't HAVE to, I'm just a big fan of this bridge. Meeting up in the park near City Hall is fine.

hope to be there!

pascal

either place is fine with me as well, but I really do want to visit ground zero, so we might want to start there and then head out.

Oh, and Corry...being obsessive, could you compile a list of everyone who will be there, and organize the ceremonial trading of cell phone numbers :p

Two things

#1 - Ticket there
#2 - Ticket back

and I'm there

Well if it wasnt winter I would say I (as well as my gf) would be in...but you are cutting into snowmobiling time... =)

Alright...so, we're meeting at ground zero then?

Unfortunately, we (Joe, Sky, and I) have a show to be at, at I believe 8pm (Joe, please correct me if I'm wrong) which means we will need time to get back to our hotel and change...so....depending on how long it takes us to get back to our hotel, and then back to Broadway....we'll have to say goodbye to y'all at around 6...6:30?

Since that's fairly early, I'd really like to get started early....I know it'd be nice to sleep in...but I reaaally want to make the most of my time in NYC, as I don't live on the east coast, and can't easily get there again. :p So....how does 9:30 sound to y'all? (I'd even be willing to do 9, but I don't want to push it)

Oh, and a list of who is going to be there....please let me know if you are a definite or a maybe.

Definites:

Corry
ClarinetJWD (Joe)
Unimaxium (Sky)
Puscas
NYBrit
Digital Flower

And we do need to exchange cell #'s.....

So...PM me or Joe. Joe, I'll be giving out your number as well as mine, so if you have a problem with that, speak up. :p (I always have this fear that my phone won't work or something, and we will have no way to get in touch!!!)

sounds like ein plan

edit: whoa! Corry's not currently active! Phone the papers! I think this may be the first time this has ever happened.

Most reactions

Back