New York City Meetup (yes, it's FINALLY set in stone!)

Seems there will be a good age range. This is going to be fun! My wife said will she and corry be the only two females there? LOL

Seems there will be a good age range. This is going to be fun! My wife said will she and corry be the only two females there? LOL

One of my roommates may be with us for part of the day, but don't count on it. We're hanging out with them Friday, Sunday, and y'all Saturday...

I finally got round to uploading an avatar. This is me and my wife on our wedding day. In case you can't tell! ;)

I had a thought. Those of you coming from jersey the staten island ferry is a really good idea. You go to St George ferry terminal (mapquest.com will give you directions) and get the ferry to Manhattan. The ferry is free but I'm not sure how much parking is.
If you come across on the ferry you will have an excellent view of the Manhattan skyline including the statue of liberty. This is especially good for anyone who hasn't been to New York City before.
Also Battery Park just outside the terminal on the Manhattan side is very photogenic.

Don't think we are going to be doing that. Parking is metered, and we'd have to go back first thing in the morning to feed the meter. I am not having luck in finding information on private lots, either.

Plus, there is the problem of our luggage....on Sunday after we check out, we'll need access to the car to put our luggage in until we leave to go home.

I guess that definitely wouldn't be an option for you corry. But I think I remember someone saying they're coming from New Jersey so maybe they could.

Well I went out shooting some pictures in Manhattan today with an old Army buddy of mine I havent seen in a while Ill post some of them in General later on.

Just wanted to say you guys are going to love walking around NYC lovely sky scrapers and there is never a shortage of odd people.

Dress warm! Here is the forecast (subject to change of course):

Sat Mar 10 Few Showers 48°/36° 30% chance of rain

That is twice as warm as it going to be on Tuesday :thumbup:

:flower:

NYC can be major windy. The stuff comes howling down the canyons between the buildings. Best to make sure that your outer garment is a close weave. Earmuffs are not a bad idea.

That's a lot warmer than it's going to be the next few days!

NYC can be major windy. The stuff comes howling down the canyons between the buildings. Best to make sure that your outer garment is a close weave. Earmuffs are not a bad idea.

I just spent almost 7 hours walking around The Windy City in temps right around the freezing point....I think I'll be prepared for it! :p

Bumping the info:

Definites:

Corry
ClarinetJWD (Joe)
Unimaxium (Sky)
NYBrit and wife
Digital Flower
Torus34
Riponwell45

Saturday, 10am in front Century 21

Don't forget, if you haven't exchanged cell #'s with either Joe or I, we should really do that.

We're all Set! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back