New York City

I foresee being very busy with work this year, but I also expect to have at least a few "sanity breakout" weekends when I and the love of my life jump into the car and drive away (temporarily) from our daily issues and pressures. Boston, the Maine area, and NYC are always on our list of go-to areas. We'll see.

I foresee being very busy with work this year, but I also expect to have at least a few "sanity breakout" weekends when I and the love of my life jump into the car and drive away (temporarily) from our daily issues and pressures. Boston, the Maine area, and NYC are always on our list of go-to areas. We'll see.

Yay!!! :clap: :1219:

So, just to be clear, to bend into the NYC scene, I should be on 4-ft. stilts, wearing a neon orange top hat with a rotating red light, and carrying a silver-headed walking stick (which may do double duty as a monopod). Oh, and a glue-on mustache. And carrying an un-obstrusive 8x10 view camera. Did I miss anything?

(Edit... because I'm a really shy person, and like to blend in :biggrin-93:)

So, just to be clear, to bend into the NYC scene, I should be on 4-ft. stilts, wearing a neon orange top hat with a rotating red light, and carrying a silver-headed walking stick (which may do double duty as a monopod). Oh, and a glue-on mustache. And carrying an un-obstrusive 8x10 view camera. Did I miss anything?
Don't forget fake, shabby clothing that costs a lot of money, probably bought at boutique stores or on Fifth Avenue. Or is that so last year?

Aside from that, you'll fit right in.

Don't forget fake, shabby clothing that costs a lot of money, probably bought at boutique stores or on Fifth Avenue. Or is that so last year?

I find that my real shabby clothing blends in pretty well. There are eight million stories ... (go ahead, Google it)

Ken, carpool? lol

I find that my real shabby clothing blends in pretty well. There are eight million stories ... (go ahead, Google it)
So, you're saying that you're Frank Niles?

I barely remember the show - I was very young when it was on - if that was someone who looked like he didn't have money for new clothes, then I guess I could pass.

I barely remember the show - I was very young when it was on - if that was someone who looked like he didn't have money for new clothes, then I guess I could pass.
I wasn't alive when the show was on, and I've never seen it.

I will be in NYC from Friday May 1 about 1 PM until either late Sunday the 3d or or early Monday the 4th (depending on convoluted circumstances)
My general plan is to shoot in the mornings and at golden hour and spend the rest of the day times at galleries or museums.
I will be staying on Park at 34th, right on the Lexington Ave line.

If anyone would like to meet, either for shooting or for a meal or both, I would enjoy that a lot.
Iam particularly interested in seeing other neighborhoods outside of Manhattan and would willingly travel anywhere the subway goes.

Lew

That weekend would be the perfect weekend for us all to meet up!! That's easy for me to say though.. living here and all.

PS: Current trends in New York are now actual shabby clothing from thrift stores mixed with very expensive pieces from custom suits. Either that or vintage clothing items worn with goggles and a $2000 dollar haircut that makes it look like you just rolled out of bed. :icon_thumright:

PS: Current trends in New York are now actual shabby clothing from thrift stores mixed with very expensive pieces from custom suits. Either that or vintage clothing items worn with goggles and a $2000 dollar haircut that makes it look like you just rolled out of bed. :icon_thumright:

I've got everything but the $2000 haircut and goggles

Hey guys

Not really sure where to go for this. I figured this was a good place to start. I am looking for a photographer for the day. I want to take a 4-5 decent shots of myself doing various activities. I can pay $$$...I also live in the hudson valley...and will gladly pay either train or gas money should you have to travel.

Not sure if PM's work for me here. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks

Most reactions

Back