New York Nic's Bridals

Great pics, particularly #2! I was a little surprised at the noise, glad you mentioned that it wasn't you.... :wink:

One question - how the **** do you find these locations you shoot in!?!?!? Like in #2, I've never SEEN stuff like that just kicking around where I am!

oh yeah, i agree that #2 is great. makes me want to run free in an open field. i don't know, i haven't slept much. anyway its fun. good lord she is gorgeous! #3 shows off the hepburn resemblance. I'm also seeing a little bit of natalie portman in there. then again, i always think everybody looks like somebody else. pretty pretty pics!

Thank ya'll!
John, it's the Dallas Arboretum. I like it mainly for the architecture though.
Hey Abby, why no sleep?

Hi Kathi,
I always do the bridals in a separate session, so they can display the print at the Reception.

nice shots, very beautiful.

I was curious on a shoot like this, how do you do about flash work ?

Do you fill, or bounce a lot ? just curious...

Hi Thorhammer,
On jobs like these I drag around really lightweight lights. (Who am I kidding. They are too heavy for me, so hubby carries them.)
Sometimes I can get away with just a reflector, but most times, the lights are going.
On the ones above, there are a mixture on 580s on stands, and vid lighting. Sometimes both.
If you will reference a specific photo, I'll try to remember what lights were used and in what way.

Is hubby behind the pillar in #2 holding her veil? Or did you digitize it in? I don't see it in the reflection... :)

Marian

Hi Marian,
No, that is hubby shooting. I'm doing the veil wagging. Actually, I'm not holding it. I'm throwing it, and telling her to do a half jumping jack.

It's funny. Years.....YEARS ago I used to model part time. I learned all this (what I thought) was useless crap. I worked for a large agency, but I just felt too stupid. I went on to be a cop. Haha.

Now, when we have a shy or stiff girl, I'll go and show her what I want to do. It's pretty funny, as on these shoots I'm normally in sweats, and am FAR bigger than my 6' 127lb modeling days. LOL. I'm like this little middle aged blimp doing all these modeling moves. They can't help but giggle.

The great part is, it's SOOOOO ridiculous, that the bride stops worrying about how stupid she thinks SHE looks, and starts laughing and having fun with how ridiculous I am looking trying to show her.

It works! They have a good time, and hubby takes about a million photos of how big my butt looks when I fix the bride's dresses.

Absolutely incredible. I love your work! #2 is amazing!

Cindy, I just love your posts!! You are too funny, today especially. I love all the shots. I think #4 & 5, the column seems a little crooked like its trying to fall on her- or it may just be the crop. I do love the arboretum too. I have not been there this year though.

Model to cop huh? I love it. I dispatched for 10 years til my son was born. It's a whole different world out here, outside law enf.

Great work as always. If I ever decide to go non-natural light- I am so gonna call you up for a tutor, LOL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back