New York State, New York City, New York Condition

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I passed this man on 7th Ave in Manhattan this morning, under an "Only in New York" ad.
My title comes from the way Woody Guthrie signed a drawing of his I have.
Image.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could see the whole sign behind him, I think it would give more impact with needing a description.
But it is a nice photo as is. :)

I wish I could see the whole sign behind him, I think it would give more impact with needing a description.
I know what you mean about more impact with(out) needing a description. The photo shouldn't need the description to add interest merely as a photograph. Those photos that do - "That's our guide, Guido, in front of our hotel," e.g. are another story, and a legitimate one, but not what I was hoping for. I'm including the whole image as it came from the camera, below. I probably would have included some "I Love New York" type statement if I could do it without ruining the composition. Feel free to play with the image.
Image.jpg

I know what you mean about more impact with(out) needing a description. The photo shouldn't need the description to add interest merely as a photograph. Those photos that do - "That's our guide, Guido, in front of our hotel," e.g. are another story, and a legitimate one, but not what I was hoping for. I'm including the whole image as it came from the camera, below. I probably would have included some "I Love New York" type statement if I could do it without ruining the composition. Feel free to play with the image. View attachment 125202
I kept thinking about your suggestion, so I tried working with the image again. It hit me on the head in color, but I think it works in black and white. Thanks.
Image.jpg

I kept thinking about your suggestion, so I tried working with the image again. It hit me on the head in color, but I think it works in black and white. Thanks.

Now that tells the story on it's own, great work! :)

Most reactions

Back