new

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by sh0rtofdaybr3ak, Dec 26, 2004.

1. sh0rtofdaybr3ak

sh0rtofdaybr3ak TPF Noob!

Hey, new to the forum. I've had a Nikon N75 for a little while, and I honestly still don't know everything about it and it's capabilities. I have the Quantaray 28-90mm AF-D lense. And thats it. Im actually thinking about purchasing another lense for different shots, maybe close-ups, not quite sure yet. I would like to put some of my work up, what is the best way you suggest for getting them on my computer? Any upgrades, tips, or other helpful knowledge you can lend me? All would be greatly appreciated!

2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

The best way - well the only way - is to either scan the prints on a scanner or scan the film. Most commercial print shops can put them onto a CD for you.
    Then go here http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=554 and to the thread to post.

Then ask away - don't be embarassed 'cuz we are all here to help ;-)

3. Hertz van Rental

PS Welcome to TPF. Pleased to meet you

4. sh0rtofdaybr3ak

thanks a lot , yeah i've heard about the photo cds, i just don't want them to look crappy when I upload them to my computer, being I don't own a scanner. I'll try it out!

5. Hertz van Rental

There are lots of variables that can affect how your pics look when you get them on your PC that have nothing to do with the quality of the scans, so don't worry about it.
    You have to start somewhere. Once you do you'll find better ways of doing things - and the nice people here will help. I'm sure one of them can suggest the best place to get your negs onto CD.
    Good luck ;-)

6. sh0rtofdaybr3ak

thanks for all of the help!