New?

Miss V

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello ;) new here, and to photography, kinda.

I've always been shooting, since i was a kid I played with my grandfathers cameras and whatnot. I love it.

I'm trying to really step up my game, I have a little digital camera which I love a LOT, but it's just not cutting it for me. Its a little digimax a503, cute, always in my purse, simple. But I really want to step up my game because I'm contributing to a couple different magazines now, and don't want anything to look too blah. I love having the bigger screen on my camera though. I was looking at the Sony Alpha DSLR-A100H, but i've never had expreiance with a Sony.

I mainly (always) shoot outside, open spaces, car shows. always up close and personal with the cars, paint, interior, little details, etching, engraving, etc, etc. It's hard to get something that will pick up everything. Suggestions?

If you like the Sony Alpha go for it. You'll find a few users on this forum. With an SLR your limitation of what you want to shoot depends on the lens and not the camera. No idea on their lens range but i'm sure it's reasonably large so go see if they have a macro lens and a wide angle lens.

Awesome ;) Thanks ;) Hopefully they'll see this. ;)

Welcome to the forum.

The Sony Alpha is supposed to be a pretty decent camera. Sony actually bought out the photographic division of Konica Minolta, so this camera is compatible with Minolta lenses.

Also, have a look at the offerings from Canon, Nikon and Pentax.

The best thing to do, would be to visit a camera shop and hold the different models in your hands. See which one feels the best to you.

The best thing to do, would be to visit a camera shop and hold the different models in your hands. See which one feels the best to you.

this aspect of body selection is so often overlooked. let's face it; the differences in operation of camera bodies in their respective categories (consumer, prosumer, pro, etc.) are so very marginal. how the body feels in your hand....how the buttons and dials are configured...these, these are so incredibly important.

Most reactions

Back