Newb Messin' Around

zlantz18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I've been screwing around with my camera and iPhoto today and came up with these 3 shots that I thought were pretty cool. Might be overdone, but I'm learning! Bein' adventurous!

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

Any advice? Criticism? Good? Suck? Anything!

One image is desaturated, one image is over-saturated and the last image looks really flat. None of these really do anything for me. They look like snapshots that have overdone in post processing.

#1 - The patio table is right smack in the middle of the frame. This makes the image static and boring.

#2 - This image is better than the first but it lacks a main subject...unless that flower pot on the fence is the main subject...if it is it should fill more of the frame.

#3 - The PP work in this image is makes it look flat to me. The red and the yellow orange are pulling my eyes to those flowers but it seems those needle like leaves are the main subject. What were you taking a picture of here?

Digital Photography Composition Tips

Taking Better Pictures: Composition

Photo Composition - Your Photo As A Story

Good Photo Composition Is Essential

Learn Photo Composition

How To Make A Killer Photo Using 8 Simple Composition Rules

The Golden Section In Photo Composition

How To Improve Your Photography - 5 Easy Tricks

This is from a newbie TOO!

Honestly to #1 is flat and dull

# 2 I love the colors even if to some they are over done! I like it Maybe if you focused harder on that planter on the rail and blurred the background more it would be even better. If that is at your house or something try it again and try to get the depth of field right on the planter!

#3 Not sure something does not seem to be right, out of focus or something?? I will let some one else have that one!

WOW Samanax we almost said the same thing at the same time!

Most reactions

Back