Newb photograph going to india

thanx, yeah i dont think a manual camera is anything for me yet. What is a P&S?

at keh i can get the n65 relatively cheap. Do I need to use a nikon lens with it? or just an zoom AF lens?

P&S or PnS = "Point and Shoot"

A term *usually* referring to a compact 35mm film camera with simplified controls for ease of use. Can be applied to digital or expensive cameras as well, but generally it means you turn it on, point it and press a button and the camera does all the rest.

The N65 works with Nikon fit lenses which require considerable expenditure to get quality auto-everything. It is probably a little OTT for your needs and it will probably run out of batteries. I'd recommend you use something smaller and cheaper - such as a P&S compact for your trip. Take three spare batteries with you and you'll be fine.

R

oh right, im used to PnS. I already have a leica minlux, but i really want a camera with some quality zoom.

could someone please recomend a lens from this page, i would be very greatful:

http://keh.com/search_new/form.cfm?crid=10481920#anchor

For the options you have if you could choose canon AF, Lens and up to 50 $

The two that i have found are these:

http://keh.com/shop/SHOWPRODUCT.CFM...CE&CID=07&SOID=N&ISPRICE=49.0&dpsp=0&curpic=0

http://keh.com/shop/SHOWPRODUCT.CFM...CE&CID=09&SOID=N&ISPRICE=49.0&dpsp=0&curpic=0

They any good?

Just one question: once i get the camera, is there any way to develop the film without sending it in to kodak or sumthing? is there any wierd scanner than can scan the film straight off? or would that never work because a scanner would need light?

You don't need to send your films into Kodak, you can just drop them off at any photo developing place. But you get what you pay for. But if they're just holiday snaps I wouldn't be too worried about where you get them developped.

You can't scan film before it's been developped, unless you want to ruin it. You need to get it developped with special chemicals before you can show the negatives to light. You can develop it at home but it's tricky for colour (although I've only ever done B&W a couple of times and that was tough enough for me!) and it's probably not worth the effort and time for you from the sounds of it.

You can always ask for them to just develop the film and to not print any pictures which will save you money if that's what you're worried about. And then you can scan them into your comp at home. But most of the fun of the holiday is looking through all your photos (bad ones and good ones) once you get home!!
I'd just drop them all off to be developped and then sit at home with a cup of coffee reminiscing!

would any of you recomend this lens? or is it plain too bad?

Canon EF 28-105mm f/4-5.6 USM

ok, thanky a lot guys i finally bought the camera off ebay, i followed your advice Artemis and got a 300v, it has not arrived yet, but i cant wait, i just bought 8 films, so basically 270 pix, should last for some time. i got the Canon EF 28-105mm f/4-5.6 USM with it. ive heared its not that great of a lens and its just a zoom upgrade from the standard lens. oh well, i just a newb.

Thanx a lot guys

ok, i guys im back from my trip with 10 rolls of film. Now i need to develop them. I want to put the photos onto a cd and i can do that with kodak. The only thing i am wondering about is the quality. ive heared that 35mm pix have a res of 8mp, will i get a that good resolution from a kodak photo cd? or will i need to do some other method of scanning the photos. I dont need a 8mp resolution but it would be great if i could get round 3mp. Any suggestions?

foges said:
ok, i guys im back from my trip with 10 rolls of film. Now i need to develop them. I want to put the photos onto a cd and i can do that with kodak. The only thing i am wondering about is the quality. ive heared that 35mm pix have a res of 8mp, will i get a that good resolution from a kodak photo cd? or will i need to do some other method of scanning the photos. I dont need a 8mp resolution but it would be great if i could get round 3mp. Any suggestions?
If you find a pic or two that you really like, you can take the negative to a camera store, or a pro lab, they can take a high res scan of a negative. Usually about $15-$16. I recently printed an 11x14 from a high res 35mm scan that look great. Hope that helps.

A kodak scan will be more than enough to post pics on here though.

Oh and welcome back!

ok, thanx a lot. im going with the kodak scans

Most reactions

Back