Newb Q: This Camera Good Yes or NO?

lol wow i didnt even notice that... i hate deceiving pictures... haha... well bh does have the body, lense and 2g memory card for $762 so then i might go with that...

Yes, but Amazon has that same 2g compact flash memory card for $20.44. So if you go with bh, you will be paying an extra $103!

Yes, but Amazon has that same 2g compact flash memory card for $20.44. So if you go with bh, you will be paying an extra $103!

either im missing somthing cuz

bh- $762 body, lens, 2g memory
am- $698 body, lens -$20.44 2g memory

698+20.44=$718.44

so:
bh- $762
am- $718

true amazon is still cheaper though, so thanks for the help, im glad that I changed my plans from buying it from bestbuy. man that was up at like $850 w/o a memory card.

No, you're right. I had an extra discount from Amazon (frequent flyer miles! LOL) and so when I was comparing the prices, that coupon came into play.

Anyway, from what I have been hearing - you can't go wrong with that camera. And, it even self cleans itself! :hail: No kidding. I have no idea how it works, but I guess it does.

Also, it has so many lenses that will fit on it.

I almost bought that one, but I had a pro talk me out of it, and into the Rebel XT. Told me point blank it's a great camera, and it would be absolutely impossible to see the difference in picture quality with the naked eye. He's absolutely right.

If you want to XTi, by all means... it's one of the best cameras out there... but if you're a beginner, buy the XT (350D), and not the kit... Take all that money you just saved and invest in a good lens.

Just my 2 cents!! Hey, it's your money, do whatever you like! If you've got the green, and you want to spend it, by all means... The XTi is awesome. But if you're kinda strapped, consider the XT.

I've had my XTi/400D for a few months now and couldn't be happier. The kit lens is decent, but do try to invest in some better glass ASAP. The Canon 50mm f/1.8 is awesome, especially for the price. I got my XTi from Adorama and the customer service was excellent.

Ditto on the Canon 50mm f/1.8 - you'll gain a lot of flexibility with that over the kit lens. It's sharper, and the wider aperture gives you a little more leeway where you can shoot.

Plus, it's less than $100!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back