Newb question about Canon DSLRs

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just want to make sure... I currently have a Canon Elan 7 and 3 lenses. I want to buy a DSLR and of course I'd like to use the same lenses.

I understand the XT and XTi accept the same lenses, right?

Now, the prices here are stupidly hig (about 2x the price in the US).

I will be making a trip to Europe shortly. Is any differnce in the cameras sold over there? I don't know, like DVD regions or VHS formats?

Thanks

Yes, the XT and XTI should accept EF mount lenses.

Yes, the lenses that you use on your Elan will work on any Canon DSLR. Keep in mind the 'Crop Factor'...which means that your lenses will 'feel' longer on the digital body.

I will be making a trip to Europe shortly. Is any differnce in the cameras sold over there?
Not that I have ever heard of. The only difference might be that the battery charger may not be the same plug & voltage that you use at home.

I'm not sure, but from what I've heard, the prices in Europe are not that great either. You best bet would probably be to buy or order from the US.

I just want to make sure... I currently have a Canon Elan 7 and 3 lenses. I want to buy a DSLR and of course I'd like to use the same lenses.

I understand the XT and XTi accept the same lenses, right?

Now, the prices here are stupidly hig (about 2x the price in the US).

I will be making a trip to Europe shortly. Is any differnce in the cameras sold over there? I don't know, like DVD regions or VHS formats?

Thanks

Canon DSLRs are totally happy with EF lenses :)

But don't get fooled by that idea that Europe is cheap in terms of Canon equipment. You usually pay more over here than in the US :albino:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back