newbe here...

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by speciespython, May 12, 2005.

1. speciespython

speciespython TPF Noob!

i have only just become interested in photography (since we got the new digital), so my photos arn't to good. :blushing: i mostly take pictures of plants/flowers (as my perants own a nursery).
    so i thought i would post this here so i can get some advise.....

[​IMG]

thank you,
    laura

2. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi, Welcome to the forum!
    First of all, you'll probably need to resize your photo then re-upload it to photobucket. It's a bit too big and I have to scroll around a bit to see it all.

Otherwise, it's a pretty groovy look you've got there. Looks almost like one of those candied sugar roses you see on cakes. Critically, I dunno if I like where you've put the middle of the rose bud, but I'll look again when it's resized and I can see it all.
    That's great new about your parents having a nursery, must make it easy to get out there and snap away!

3. spartan

spartan TPF Noob!

hi and welcome,resize the photo,otherwise is very cool shot !!! :thumbup: :smileys: :cheers: :wav:

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum.

Your shot has a great feel to it. The soft color of the rose fits well with the softness of the photo. Usually I like to see flower shots that are very sharp & crisp but this shot works.

5. speciespython

speciespython TPF Noob!

thank you for the advise.
    i've resized it, but i have to wait a bit before i can upload it, as my modem is terrible, and wont upload! :confused:
    i also went photo mad this morning (as there was fog in the valley, and dew on the plants) so i'll see if i can't get some ok pics!
    thanks again,
    laura