Newbee Cali

purplepicchic82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:thumbup: hello all :thumbup:

Just joined the site not to long ago... I want to know all there is to know in Photoshop there are soo many possiblitys...

any pointers or tips i would love!
things you love to do to your Photos ? please do tell

lately i am working with the color photo to black and white then color parts of the photo thats how i just did my sons 2nd birthday invite and it looks REALLLLY good!!!

First, welcome to the forum.

In photoshop, there are many possibilities on the manipulation and alteration of an image. The primary items I would start with are Color Balance, Brightness and Contrast, hue and Saturation and Exposure..

first master these guys then move to effects. layering, etc. (The usual yada, yada you get out of the self help books.) if possible, go to a class at a community college or such. The help out greatly.

In effects, you can add lens flare from a candle, change colors of the sky, and the all to useful (and abused) clone stamp tool.

If you know anything of the old photography techniques, Dodge and Burn are a few to learn. In the old world layout and Design techniques, learning to cut and paste in a creative way becomes paramount.

Contrast is another item to study. Modest use of contrast and density filters come in very helpful.

In all honesty, there is so many items to list, I could go on writing a book on the subject. But others already have.

Tinker, play, fool around. Thats the best way to learn. And have fun with it.
Just remember to SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!!!

www.good-tutorials.com is a good place to check out Photoshop tutorials and lessons.

I would say the most used Photoshop feature for me is Levels. Curves is a close 2nd but it's a lot harder to get a hold of (very similar to Levels). I use Levels on probably 90% of my pics.

While this forum is awesome... I don't know how much Photoshop info you'll get here simply because there's SOOO MUCH and it's not easily described with text. I'd seach the web, library, schools, etc.

IMO though... I'd start with Levels and Cropping for touching up photos.

Most reactions

Back