Newbie (first post)

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by fstoplife, Mar 1, 2010.

1. fstoplife

fstoplife TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is my first post. I really adore black and white photos and thought I would share a few of my favs with you guys here.

This was taken the first day I got my Sb-600
    [​IMG]

2. My first newborn shoot
    [​IMG]

3. My first maternity shoot.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking. C&C is always appreciated, Just be nice I am a beginner :)

2. Cosette

Cosette TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like how the 1st draws attention to her eyes. The 2nd is cute but the third...I think it's the fall of light across her that bugs me...

3. Kristov

Kristov TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    First off, I'm a beginner, so take my thoughts knowing that please.

The first is an amazing shot, my one thing, is the subject almost blends into the backround. I think a hair darker backround would do wonders. Though, if your focal point is her eyes, you hit it perfectly.

The second is a very well done shot. My only thing is my eye goes towards the very white basket, and not the child. I think a lower aperture would help draw the attention to the child, and a bit away from the basket, though that may make the basket harder to identify as a basket. Skin tone looks really good though, and I like the shot alot.

The last one, I'm not sure, but strikes me oddly. I think it is the slight amount of light reaching hitting her from a different angle than the main one. It gives a bit of detail, that I think would look better without it. A silhouette in my opinion, should be just the outline, and have very little detail on the subject. That's just me though.

Overall though, I like the shots, just a few nit-picking things I thought I'd toss out there. But again, I am a newbie so my thoughts may or may not be the general consensus.