Newbie for 5 Years!

MAARTE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok. I own the old Canon EOS Digital Rebel. I basically used it the last 5 years to take photos of my kids. I have never learned to use it outside the automatic mode. I've been meaning to take lessons but never really got around to doing it.

My husband decided to give me a new one for my 32nd birthday. I am now a proud owner of the T1i. And this time I really, really want to learn how to use it and actually take advantage of it instead of treating it as a point-and-shoot!

I bought books and watched tutorial videos. This forum is really a good place to start. I can read up on techniques and see how other beginners are learning new tricks.

Thanks to everyone who has been really nice!

Welcome to TPF and to the world of creative photography :)

If you haven't already done so, run (don't walk) and get a copy of Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure

I went to B&N yesterday intending to get the book "for Dummies" hahaha but I decided to get the one by David Busch (specifically for the Rebel T1i). I will check out the book you suggested! Thanks!!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have a look at the tutorials in my signature. They'll give you a good foundation in the basics of aperture etc.

Yello, Nice but i tried many times to register on your tracker but i didn't got any mail confirmation.

Hi friends. I am Blint 22 years old . I am a newbie here and I am feeling very pleasure to join forum. I want to say welcome to all friends.

Most reactions

Back