Newbie from Canada

strangeseraph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody! My name is Jenny and I'm a wannabe photographer!

I have a cheap digital camera I bought used from a pawn shop...I don't know the brand. Seriously there are no brand labels on this save for the SD card slot. It is The-Camera-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named! (I'm a total Harry Potter fan! :lol:) I bought it for $15 at a new and used store. It takes TERRIBLE pictures but it works. You can see some of my junky photos of one of my collector dolls here; This Space For Dolls.

The only good shot I've ever made with that camera is linked it my signature. I've never been able to reproduce these results with my camera ever again.

But the future is looking brighter. I plan to get me a Nikon Coolpix L22 and be done with unbranded cheap cameras forever. (I do NOT have the money for the more expensive digital SLR camera or lenses or all that. My needs are more simple.)

I'm interested in macro photography, insects flowers and birds, though I don't think the Coolpix would be good for birds in the trees it might be good for photographing birds on the birdfeeders at Ojibway. If not, it still would be better for taking pictures of my dolls, and collectibles than my current camera. I also plan to take pictures of completed arts and crafts so I can sell them online.

Thats it about me and my camera woes. :) I'm looking forward to putting the zombie camera to rest and joining the land of the living.

Hello there Jenny, and welcome!! Here's hoping you get your new cam soon!

Best of luck mate with your future camera, i am sure this time you will have your best work, we learn from errors, experience lead us towards perfection, so welcome here have fun

If you are looking for brand new products, as an expert reviewer, I would suggest you to zoom down on spaceantiques.ca deals for the best price cheap laptops,cheap ipod , cheap camera, and many more Classic models

Last edited:
Hi Jenny, welcome from Thailand.

Have looked at your "one claim to fame" as you called it. I can't see much wrong with that and I quite like it. The colour of the flower is very nice, sharpness is pretty good, background is nearly blurred enough. I'm sure that with a bit more practise your "camera" ( :) ) will learn how to do that well. Pity about the sun on the lower petals, has washed colour out somewhat. You said your camera takes terrible pictures. Are you sure it does, or is it you? Before you start spending your hard earned money on a new camera take a look at Your Camera Doesn't Matter

No offence meant. Happy snapping.

Last edited:
Hi Jenny, welcome from Thailand.

You said your camera takes terrible pictures. Are you sure it does, or is it you? Before you start spending your hard earned money on a new camera take a look at Your Camera Doesn't Matter

No offence meant. Happy snapping.

Oh yes, I'm pretty sure its my old camera that's the problem.

Anyways, I have my new camera that is a ton better! Its a Nikon Coolpix s570 and I'm very much enjoying this camera! :) I'm so very happy! I don't have anything to show right now, I'm still learning how to use it. But I'm really really happy. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back