Newbie from Cleveland ohio

Chaoticcat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, my name is Cathy. I'm a beginner to photography outside of a few shots on occasion of family events, vacation shots or typical fb or ig images. So definitely n amateur in the rarest of forms.

I've recently developed a strong desire to understanding how to use a camera to show others how I see things on a daily basis in an artistic way. So far it's been a whole lot of trial and error and conveying what I see isn't aways what seems to come through with my photography.

For the time being I'm using a simple point and shoot camera, the Nikon a900. I figured it was a decent way to get me to carry my camera with me at all times so that I can capture something everyday. My hope is to develop my skills with learning what becomes visually appealing behind the lens and to grow artistically. Eventually after I feel comfortable enough with my work I'll upgrade my camera. But, for a beginner I thought the point and shoot was my best option to help me hone in on exactly what it was I wanted to accomplish with my photos.

I am hoping that those of you that have been a part of this forum and have been taking photographic images for sometime now would be able to help me grow through your insight and possibly help me see things from new perspectives.

Hello, my name is Cathy. I'm a beginner to photography outside of a few shots on occasion of family events, vacation shots or typical fb or ig images. So definitely n amateur in the rarest of forms.

I've recently developed a strong desire to understanding how to use a camera to show others how I see things on a daily basis in an artistic way. So far it's been a whole lot of trial and error and conveying what I see isn't aways what seems to come through with my photography.

For the time being I'm using a simple point and shoot camera, the Nikon a900. I figured it was a decent way to get me to carry my camera with me at all times so that I can capture something everyday. My hope is to develop my skills with learning what becomes visually appealing behind the lens and to grow artistically. Eventually after I feel comfortable enough with my work I'll upgrade my camera. But, for a beginner I thought the point and shoot was my best option to help me hone in on exactly what it was I wanted to accomplish with my photos.

I am hoping that those of you that have been a part of this forum and have been taking photographic images for sometime now would be able to help me grow through your insight and possibly help me see things from new perspectives.
Welcome! The way to learn is through actual shooting. If your budget allows, get a introductory DSLR and learn how to shoot manual. It will change the way you approach your art. Good kuck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Welcome! The way to learn is through actual shooting. If your budget allows, get a introductory DSLR and learn how to shoot manual. It will change the way you approach your art. Good kuck!

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. There is a dslr I have been looking at. Working on getting it as well as 2 prime lenses.

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. There is a dslr I have been looking at. Working on getting it as well as 2 prime lenses.
Prime lenses are PERFECT way to learn how to use manual mode on your camera! Please let me know if you need any help :)

Most reactions

Back