Newbie here, flash dilemma

B800 or SB600 for off-camera flash newbie?

• B800

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • SB600

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Since my D60 can't shoot faster than 1/200 with a flash, if I use my cactus trigger on it, will the camera think its a flash and restrict the flash to 1/200? I might also pick up that vivitar. I just want to be able to shoot at 1/500 and faster with an off camera flash. How can I do this?

Since my D60 can't shoot faster than 1/200 with a flash, if I use my cactus trigger on it, will the camera think its a flash and restrict the flash to 1/200? I might also pick up that vivitar. I just want to be able to shoot at 1/500 and faster with an off camera flash. How can I do this?
Yes, the radio trigger unit mounted on the hot shoe looks like a speedlight to the camera.

There is only 1 way to use a shutter speed higher than the flash sync speed, FP sync, a feature your D60 doesn't have.

Why do you want a sync speed of 1/500? To stop motion?

If so, you don't need that fast a shutter speed because the flash itself, at full power, has a duration of about 1/1000. At less than full power the flash duration gets even shorter. Just be sure you have selected rear curtain sync.

Most reactions

Back