Newbie here looking for feedback!

I miss going to Hunington every weekend I traded the beach for snow what the hell was I thinkin........

Out of the second group I don't really care for the first two, but the firefighter shot is awesome, howd you stumble upon that scene? The poker picture is very nicely done except to my eyes, the glare on the aces is crazy distracting, maybe a diffuser on the flash next time... unless you can fix that in PS since we already know you are good at PS haha... nice work though!

I miss going to Hunington every weekend I traded the beach for snow what the hell was I thinkin........

huntington is pretty amazing. but, the perfect weather gets somewhat boring after a while :lol:

Out of the second group I don't really care for the first two, but the firefighter shot is awesome, howd you stumble upon that scene? The poker picture is very nicely done except to my eyes, the glare on the aces is crazy distracting, maybe a diffuser on the flash next time... unless you can fix that in PS since we already know you are good at PS haha... nice work though!

thanks for the advice, I'll try to get the glare off of the card. and for the fire, my friend called me up and said there was a fire close by, so I grabbed my camera and kept moving closer and closer until I was right next to the fire engine :p then a cop came by and told me to get outta there :lol:

#1. Why bother to photograph a dirty car? What are you trying to say?

#2. It doesn't come together. With the solar disk as the central point, consider how effective the picture would have been if the silhouetted figures appeared to be looking at it. Again, it doesn't say anything.

#3. What are you trying to say? [I already know how to spell Porsche.]

#4. A few minutes spent with Gimp or Photoshop would have permitted you to straighten out the horizon. It would then have been a good picture. Learn to center the horizon while taking similar shots with short focus lenses or use post-exposure correction.

#1. Why bother to photograph a dirty car? What are you trying to say?

-I'm an avid Subaru enthusiast and enjoy getting my car dirty for time to time. So, I suppose that picture is more for the Subaru fans than a real work of art :lol:

#2. It doesn't come together. With the solar disk as the central point, consider how effective the picture would have been if the silhouetted figures appeared to be looking at it. Again, it doesn't say anything.

-I saw some strangers playing volleyball and thought it looked like an interesting subject. Didn't really plan it out, but I suppose I need to do that more!

#3. What are you trying to say? [I already know how to spell Porsche.]

-Just a cool looking shot, I thought.

#4. A few minutes spent with Gimp or Photoshop would have permitted you to straighten out the horizon. It would then have been a good picture. Learn to center the horizon while taking similar shots with short focus lenses or use post-exposure correction.

-I don't know how misaligned the horizon was, actually. It was shot with a 15mm fisheye lens, so some of the flaring of the edges is because of the lens.

Basically, it seems like you are trying to tell me I need a purpose for each photo, plan them out a little more. Thanks, and correct me if I'm wrong.

On shot #4, the horizon is strongly curved upward on both sides. It can be straightened out so that it is both level and straight using the 'pincushion' correction feature of your software. You then end up with the huge expanse and great depth of field of a 'fish-eye' lens without the jarring aspect of an unrealistic horizon.

On the dirty car, the side in shadow diminishes what you wanted to show.

On shot #4, the horizon is strongly curved upward on both sides. It can be straightened out so that it is both level and straight using the 'pincushion' correction feature of your software. You then end up with the huge expanse and great depth of field of a 'fish-eye' lens without the jarring aspect of an unrealistic horizon.

On the dirty car, the side in shadow diminishes what you wanted to show.

ok, I will give that a go. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back