Newbie Here!

Montana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone! let me start by introducing myself...My name is Derrick and I grew up in some of the most beautiful scenery of Wyoming and Montana. My father was a photo hobbiest and therefore I sparked an interest in taking photos at a young age. I have very fond memories of many trips through Yellowstone National Park as a young kid with my 110 film in tote. Then I entered the working world and struggled with finances and basically forgot all about photography.

Then I started another hobby...collecting marbles. Collecting marbles led to photographing them and wanting better equipment to do so. Thus my first DSLR enters the picture.

I got my first DLSR from my fiance for Christmas just a few short months ago....it has been attached to me ever since. I own a Canon Rebel XTi/400D. Got the camera with a Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 and a Tamron 75-300. Then I purchased an MT-24ex flash for close-up photos (marbles) and became hooked. Then I ventured outdoors....

This is where the photo-bug really got me. I love taking photos outside. We live a couple hundred yards from a lake and I spend hours there practicing. This lead me to my first lens purchase....a Sigma 50-500 (bigma). I have only had the lens a few short days so I haven't even gotten to take a shot with it, but I can tell you this....its heavy!

I look forward to hanging around here, asking questions, and showing some of my shots.

Hello again,

Derrick

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back