Newbie here!

BlownChevy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all! I am newbie to photography, I hope to learn from the rest of you how to make my new hobby a fun one!

I just purchased a used for one month Canon Rebel XTI with a 17-85mm Lens. I have been fooling around with it trying to get comfortable with the camera, and so far I have really enjoyed it. This is my first SLR, I have always used point and shoot digital.

These were the FIRST photos I shot with the camera......forgive my inexperience, it can only get better from here:)

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

I like the last picture the best. A old car with a handicap sticker. reminds me of myself lol. Nice touch. It seems that you are shooting in full auto mode, maybe? try usine the other camera modes and step away from full auto, your picture will show fast improvement.

I like the last picture the best. A old car with a handicap sticker. reminds me of myself lol. Nice touch. It seems that you are shooting in full auto mode, maybe? try usine the other camera modes and step away from full auto, your picture will show fast improvement.
Yeah, full auto.....once I get the hang of the other modes I will post up more. How could you tell?

Yeah, full auto.....once I get the hang of the other modes I will post up more. How could you tell?

It is called EXIF data ;)

just a few of the data for the last shot:

# Camera Model = Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
# Last Modified Date/Time = 2008:10:12 11:31:17
# Exposure Program = landscape mode (8)
# ISO Speed Ratings = 100
# Original Date/Time = 2008:10:12 11:31:17
# Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/50 second
# Aperture = F6.3
# Metering Mode = pattern / multi-segment (5)
# Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
# Focal Length = 35 mm
# Exposure Mode = auto exposure (0)
# White Balance = auto (0)
# Scene Capture Type = standard (0)

It is called EXIF data ;)

just a few of the data for the last shot:

# Camera Model = Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
# Last Modified Date/Time = 2008:10:12 11:31:17
# Exposure Program = landscape mode (8)
# ISO Speed Ratings = 100
# Original Date/Time = 2008:10:12 11:31:17
# Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/50 second
# Aperture = F6.3
# Metering Mode = pattern / multi-segment (5)
# Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
# Focal Length = 35 mm
# Exposure Mode = auto exposure (0)
# White Balance = auto (0)
# Scene Capture Type = standard (0)

wow I can run but I cant hide.

wow I can run but I cant hide.

:mrgreen:

But there are ways to strip off all EXIF from a file. I would leave it in though, since people can more easily comment on the technical aspects of your shots here, if they can check your EXIF.

:mrgreen:

But there are ways to strip off all EXIF from a file. I would leave it in though, since people can more easily comment on the technical aspects of your shots here, if they can check your EXIF.
10-4, thats why I am here....I take CC very well.

Welcome to TPF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back