Newbie keen to share pix advice and ideas!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by sanz, Mar 13, 2007.

1. sanz

sanz TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi all

I'm new to this site and to photography too. I've always had a keen interest in photography but now that I'm looking at the world through the lense of a Cannon EOS 400D - things are looking very different!

I'd be really interested in heaing from any other enthusiasts who can give advice, share pix and ideas or simply stories of great and not so great shots.

I actually have a small project coming up for my boss that I could use some help on - I am taking pictures (mug shots!) of the staff for our company wesite (internal) - we have a lovely big room with loads of natural light... any ideas on how I can make good shots great would be greatly appreciated. I will be using a 50 ml lense and have organised some netting to difuse the light a little.

Any other ideas - great appreciated!

2. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Get a backdrop and actually pose the employees.

3. sanz

sanz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was thinking of a light colour but thick fabric sheet - with lighting possibly from behind - employees on chair and a variety of shots from different angles, (chair on wheels would help I imagine!). I was also thinking of using the net curtains to create reasonably dim lighting effect and then setting the ISO slightly higher than normal. I took some pics at a friends party where the lighting was pretty poor, I adjusted the ISO so that I didnt need the flash and the effect was a lovely soft finish on the subject faces (great for women who worry about lines etc.). Was that pure coincidence or is this a useful trick to remember?