juddpainter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jingerstudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

Photography is my passion but I have very limited shooting experience (I have a great appreciation for photography as I promote photographers through my website, but am not a photographer myself. After spending many months uploading and blogging the images of my togs I have decided to pick up the camera and give it a go myself. I really like narrow depth of focus photography, so after quite a lot of research I decided to have my first outing with my friends Canon 40D and hired a 50mm 1.4 lens. I was quite pleased with the results, but I need a few eyes from the pros - please let me know what you think.

Kate10_2.jpg

Kate12_2.jpg

Kate4_2.jpg

Kate16_2.jpg

Kate13_2.jpg

I like all but the last one, she blends into the surroundings too much for my taste.

But...

my friends Canon 40D and hired a 50mm 1.4 lens.

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 30D
Image Date: 2010:03:28 18:33:25
Focal Length: 50.0mm
Aperture: f/1.0
Exposure Time: 0.0006 s (1/1600)
ISO equiv: 250
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Partial
Exposure: Manual
Flash Fired: No (Manual)
Color Space: Adobe RGB (1998)

:scratch: huh?

Sorry Fatty McJ- that was a typo! I meant to say Canon 30D.... 40D was wishful thinking (not that I had a bad time with the 30D)

Sorry Fatty McJ- that was a typo! I meant to say Canon 30D.... 40D was wishful thinking (not that I had a bad time with the 30D)

Yeah, what about the 1.0 aperture... That's a $4,000 valued (I think...) discontinued lens. If so, I hope you were careful :)

I love the first pic. Focus is sharp on her left eye, nice shot. I also like how her hair frames her face in this one.

I like how you filled the frame in the 1st two. I love the light in #3. I think I would like #3 a bit better less centered, and if you were standing exactly where she was looking. Nice focus. I's obvious you have been studying the composition of the photos you come across. You are off to a fabulous start!

Most reactions

Back