newbie looking for criticism

larkspurrr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey, i'm pretty new to this photography thing, and would like a bit of feedback on some of the photos ive taken so far. these are all from the digital camera that i bought a couple weeks ago, kind of only been taking pics since then (took a lot when i was a kid though, but all with my mom's crappy point and shoot...im 20 now) btw, i don't own a tripod, so i apologize for blur.

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0133.jpg

thanks a lot you guys. i'm hoping that i don't suck tooooo too much--i just want to get better

thanks for the link--it was really helpful! especially the part about just taking pics wherever you are...that's totally what i do. i walk around and take pics of whatever looks interesting, and i usually only take one (maybe 2) snaps of each. i'm going to start taking several pics of a subject with dif exposures, angles, etc (still trying to figure out exposure though...going back to barnes and noble today to read up a bit more and take a few more notes)

i actually had no idea that it was normal to take a dozen shots of one subject. i took one photo class in highschool and the parameters were so strict that one could only take one pic of a subject, so i assumed that was the norm.

again, thanks so much! i love photography!:)

Theres nothing that says you cant use your camera to take quicky shots with your camera of things you think look "cool". I do it all the time - something just catches your eye, and you dont have time (or a care) to grab the most universally appealing shot of the subject - just the one that appeals to you.

Looks like you have a good eye for finding things. If you have 20 bucks to spare, pick up Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. They should package that for folks buy their first SLR camera.

Welcome to the boards!

Although I personally view this site on a 24 inch screen, so your photo sizes are not a problem, I think they are too wide for some... you might want to limit your photos to no larger than 800 on the longest side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back