Newbie looking for opinion (NOT WORK SAFE)

If you play with it be careful, when the face was included in the crop it made the brain go crazy... I have no idea why but the out of focus face made my mind go nuts. Cut out the face and it was much better her body makes the perfect background for the watch.

I shoot for posters now and then if I was going to do one it would look like this....

222ud8.jpg

mysteryscribe said:
.. But i would pay more attention to those more knowledgable here.

OK, that excludes me somehow ;)

Anyway guys, I am impressed what a lively discussion was inspired here!
One of the reasons I start to like this forum :)

I don't think Mystery meant it this way :) I will listen to everyone's opinion (doesn't mean I will oblige, of course :lmao: ) Every one of you has enlightened me in some way. Thank You all and I will be honored to be a part of such a community.

Not sure what I meant except that It was not meant to be offensive also:

there are those here who do advertising for a living, I don't....

Most here have an awfully lot of experience with digital photography and what it does and doesn't do..... I dont

Most here have an understanding of modern taste .... I don't

Most of the photographers here have an understand of the modern concept of composition ... I don't really...

If I offended anyone I'm sorry, I ususally know when I'm about to offend someone and this time I am clueless.

If I were asking for information, I would listen to all those who had something to say, then I would redo what had done keeping it all in mind. But in the end I would do my own thing.

Again if anyone at all takes offense at what I write I am truly sorry. I try to go out of my way to say this is just my opinion don't take it too seriously. Maybe I need more of a disclaimer.

^^ you Apologising again scribe???:lmao:

Stop worrying so much :)

mysteryscribe said:
Looks like I hurt someones feelings again. I just hate when that happens. I usually do it on purpose lol. Yeah seems like I do that a lot. I didn't even know it till somebody else pointed it out lol

aaahhhh , help, someone! nobody was offended :) :) That was why I put a ;) smiley behind thet post :) I was jsut trying to express my low self-esteem when it comes to photography ;)

mysteryscribe said:
Most here have an awfully lot of experience with digital photography and what it does and doesn't do..... I dont

So what? also many people in here know alot about the technical details of digital photography, but have trouble to create a decent picture with it ... and quite many of them openly admit it ;)

It is difference if you sculpture in wood or stone, but both is sculpturing and can be art. I think you are different in what you do in a sense that you do what not many people do. Some might call it nostalgic, others even out of date. But that is plain stupid since just because theses days it is possible to digitally print on canvas, those who paint on canvas are still considered artists ... and always will be.

Most here have an understanding of modern taste .... I don't

I think nobody actually knows what modern taste is ;)

Most of the photographers here have an understand of the modern concept of composition ... I don't really...

See above again ... And you can find out on the forum there are different ideas about this ;) Anyway, I like some of the work you presented here. And since I would say "some of" also regarding to my own work, or the work of others which do better photography than myself, this should be a compliment.

But in the end I would do my own thing.

Very good advice indeed!

We don't want them all to follow the same dogma or ideology ... we had too much of this in some countries more than half a century ago (ok, that time it was not photography, but still ...) .. although to me it appears that in some sense this is re-emerging, with different labels and different ideas, but dogma takes over again, even in the so called free countries :(

OK, getting carried away here! This was way off topic! Mabe it is just me getting sentimental since I got a cold ;)

Very quick and clumsy photoshopping, I know. I decided to have a quick play...

edit1copy.jpg

Most importantly, some time needs to be spent in bringing the watch face into focus and made cleaner and crisper.

As much as I adore nude photography, I love it when it is highlighted in art, tired of it being portrayed in a commercial aspect. Yet, if nudity is to be the order of the day...simply to draw the viewer into the pure, silky lines of skin and curves as a backdrop only to the product...then ok.

Like others have mentioned...the product has to be the point of the shot, the nude model secondary. Otherwise, it might confuse people as to what exactly they're meant to be looking at: a pin-up model or a watch.

The focus of the ad has to be clear, the product is what people's eyes should zoom in/fall upon, specifically.

Well, we sort of experiment a lot, so this isn't necessarily a watch ad, I wanted to get feedback on the general photography. Thanks for the C&C!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back