Newbie pictures

Photog38

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few pictures that I've taken. Tips and advice is appreciated.

IMG_7477.jpg

IMG_6554.jpg

IMG_6570.jpg

On the first one, I didn't want to get too close and scare the thing away, so its not very close. I guess it could be cropped a bit though. Something about 2 just isn't quite right, and I don't know what it is. The third one has to be one of my all time favorite pictures (except for the tag at the top of the picture). None of these have been edited, so if there is something that should be done, I'd be glad to know. Thanks for looking.:D

I really like the second one, its beautiful. I think theres too much sky doing nothing though? Or maybe there should be more at the bottom? I don't know...

Someone with more experience and a better eye might be able to tell you whats 'not right' about it :)

Nice shots

Kin

Thanks.:D Another thing about the second one may be the trees. Maybe if there was only one tree, it would look better(?)

#2... What a lovely shot!!!! I really enjoyed working with this one.

Here's what I did...

1. Cropped it
2. Duplicated the layer twice (Photoshop terms I know sorry if that's not what you use or know).
3. Added a saturation layer and with the saturation set at 50.
4. The saturation layer added alot of noise so I took the middle duplicate and gaussian blurred the sky.
5. The top duplicate, I set it on multiply and set that layer to 60% opacity.

I understand that if you don't work with Photoshop that some of this will make absolutely no sense, but I thought that in the future that you do get a program that you can try this out yourself.

583030653_81758ae7d8_o.jpg

Hey thanks!:D I have photoshop elements 4.0, but I need to learn how to use it.:mrgreen: I'm going to try to follow the steps you mentioned and see if I can learn more about photoshop. It looks really nice!

Really like #2, even more after the edit. Also thanks for the play by play on how you editted it, im currently trying to figure photoshop out.

i really like the edit that was done on your second image, but honestly the original that you posted has a feel about it to me - like i just packed up the fishing gear after a day at the lake and i stopped to take one last look - great capture

Nice edit BoblyBill, but actually, I think I prefer the mellow colours of the original ...

Kin

Is there anything that you could recommend about this one? Is the light at the wrong angle? (the shadow)

IMG_5439-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back