Newbie please help

prnpain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
i just bought canon xsi and would like some help with the settings. I like taking pictures (daylight) that have a vintage look to it. I can't seem to get the correct settings (WB, contrasts, saturations....). I am also using the stock lense that come with the camera.

Thanks in advance.

Read the camera manual as a start, several times.

No one can tell you what settings to use without knowing exactly what lighting you have, what you are trying to create, and what lens you are using at that moment.

There are lots more than just one "vintage" look.

Most of the the "vintage" looks are created with image editing software during post processing.

Last edited:
One way to get a vintage feeling with a Canon is to shoot in Monochrome capture mode, using the Sepia toning option, with the Filter Effect control setting set to Yellow Filter. (Yellow is the 'standard' filter for monochrome capture.) When shot in RAW + JPEG capture mode, the Monochrome setting will capture a large, high-quality RAW capture that has all the color information possible, and will create a JPEG capture that will be created by the camera, as a beautiful monochrome image. Many people find the sepia-toned look to be "vintage".

Most reactions

Back