Newbie Question!

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Smileyguy, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Smileyguy

Smileyguy TPF Noob!

Hello,

I'm just starting out in the world of digital photography. I'm looking for a good quality amateur camera, with high image quality, reasonable motion stills, and the ability to take a few seconds of movie footage. I'm trying to keep my spending to about $300. The main thing I want to use the camera for is for amateur outdoor wildlife and landscape shots, and for family shots of course, but they are secondary.

The camera I'm leaning towardsd right now is the Fuji Finepix S5500 zoom. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts/opinions on this camera, or any other cameras within my budget that would perhaps be better.

Cheers,

Adam.

2. ahelg

ahelg TPF Noob!

Never used any of the Fuji Finepix cameras but you can probably find a review of it at steves-digicams.com. Go there and see if you can find something about that camera.

3. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

4. fadingaway1986

fadingaway1986 I Burn Easily :(

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have a FinePix A210 - I find it slow... Slow to get ready to take the photo - a delay from when you click until when it takes the photo..

Otherwise its fine... But thats a couple of things to think about

5. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

I like the Canon digital Ixus and it works a treat with my Mac. But it's like buying any camera and my advice, for what it is worth, is: go to the shops and try them all. When you pick one up that feels right, buy it.