Newbie Question

dimocks04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased my first DSLR not to long ago.... I have just been using "Auto" for the most part... but lately I have been playing around with manual... With knowing NOTHING about photography this is all brand new for me.. My question is... Do most of you or most photographers Edit their photos after taking all them? Or just shoot what they get.... ? Hope this makes sense

I'm a beginner myself, but I usually do a small amount of editing to most of them. Usually just saturation a bit.

My question is... Do most of you or most photographers Edit their photos after taking all them? Or just shoot what they get.... ? Hope this makes sense
It doesn't. Please expound upon that thought.

I edit if I feel if it needs it

lol of the day

OP: You will find that most people edit any photo that they plan on doing anything with (printing and framing, selling, showing off, whatever). Editing can be something very simple like cropping and upping the brightness, more complex like curves adjustment and sharpening, or quite complex like layer masks and filter effects. It's all relative to what you are trying to achieve, but at the end of the day you will find that most 'professional looking' photographs have been edited somewhat extensively to create a unique look.

MY "editing" skills are limited. I usually only use post processing software (Gimp, Photoshop, etc...) to adjust little things like the brightness/contrast, white balance, or color temperature... If I am not satisfied with my shot settings. I also use post processing to crop my images if I think it mightlook better with a different crop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back