Newbie ...taking the plunge

becmaclean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
rufus021.jpg
Hello...I have finally taken the plunge and registered. I admire all of your work and only wish the visions in my head translated to my films!! This is a recent of my cat on my sony alpha100...please critique....I am thick skinned and want to become better at this love of mine..thank you .PS. sorry if pic size is too big, I'm still having issues resizing

welcome :)

i think that one is not too large! I've been postinmg much larger ones ;)

and it is not bad ...! the colours are a bit soft for my taste. and i would not have chosen light from above which gives this very strong shadow in his eyes.

any i would not have clipped the poor cat's ears ;) IMHO either crop tighter, or less tight ... but that is just a personal opinion, not general truth ;)

Have to agree with Alex. Save the ears :)! And the light makes this cat look almost blind. (the black part of the eyes closes to a little line and not even that is really visible). Other than that: very nice!

oops: forgot to say welcome. So: welcome!

pascal

oh, and the focus is very good on this one i think .. so is the depth of field.

Alex_B said:
welcome :)

and it is not bad ...! the colours are a bit soft for my taste. and i would not have chosen light from above which gives this very strong shadow in his eyes.

any i would not have clipped the poor cat's ears ;) IMHO either crop tighter, or less tight ... but that is just a personal opinion, not general truth ;)

Thank you!! Yes indeed my lighting was too much...I was not please with the shadows at the tops of his eyes...

As far as the cropping, this is an untouched photo. I should make a point to perhaps take larger view photos and then photoshop them so as not to lose important things such as ears:lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome

I mean I kinda like a little of the shadow. To me, it seems as though the cat is coming out of the darkness somewhere and into the light. I like the way it's completely dark in the background because it adds to the mysteriousness.

But, the really thin pupils are rather strange. That of course is because of the lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back