Newbie to all this...

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by kjschneiderb, May 12, 2007.

1. kjschneiderb

kjschneiderb TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello all! Though I have been taking pictures forever, I feel like a total newbie to photography...most my shots have just been of my family for momentos and things like that..just kind of point and click shots. For a few months now I have really been wanting to get into photography. As of right now I have a Cannon PowerShot A620. I really want a DSLR but need to get the hang of this camera first before I move onto something bigger. One question I have about the SLR's though is what is the difference between the Cannon 30D and the Rebel XT?

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, Kari, I cannot really give you an answer to your question, I am not too familiar with camera brands and with all some can do and others can't do, I have a Powershot, like yourself (different number, mine's a A95), which I like and which is a good little thing to work with, lots of dials and buttons to make oneself familiar with things ... and the Rebel XT, which I just LIKE. (There is no chance - not even on the farthest horizon - of me getting anything better than my XT, so I better am happy with it ;)). For starters, though, the Powershots are solidly good little cameras.

3. KaraM

KaraM TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Here's a link to a site with reviews on each. Click on each camera to find out more about them.

You can also use this link to do a side-by-side comparison of both cameras.

4. kjschneiderb

kjschneiderb TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks for your help...I have heard so many great things about the Rebel.