Newbie...VW shots

socalmj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the forum and photography, but here are a couple I took at a VW meet. I have a roughly 1977 Nikon SLR that I used for this.

VWBusDash.jpg

RustyBugI.jpg

I asked for a snap-o-matic for my 13th birthday, and got a cool used camera that I am still clueless about....but its a blast to use.

I can't seem to get these images to show up as large as they are. :confused:

May I deduce from the comments to these two photo posts that you are only 13?
If so, and if your birthday present was an SLR instead of a "snap-o-matic", I say "congratulations" to your parents, for like this you are going to learn so much more than you would otherwise, and you'll get so much better rewarded by the photos that you will take from now on! And you can do so much more and control so much more and it is downright more fun to photograph with an SLR instead of a "snap-o-matic"!

Oh, and welcome to ThePhotoForum!!!!

Your first two photos to introduce yourself with are very nice and I can see that you dare to "move in on the object" and get some detail, which I like!

Post more!

You are learning the way I did a L-O-N-G time ago. The lessons you learn will be with you the rest of your life. CONGRATS!! Keep it up and show us more.

I love that first picture. As the others have said, what a great present. I have to say that there's something about pictures taken with old cameras that I love. You just can't get the same effect with a modern digital SLR :)

i love VW's. thanks for sharing!

which Nikon do you have? FM2?

welcome to TPF! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the compliments. Here's the bad part, I am now in my early thirties, and only got really interested in photography a couple years ago.....not good...I know.....but I am trying to spend more and more time behind the lens.

I look forward to learning more.

Hang around here, you will learn a bunch and make some friends. I've only been here for a short time and it sort of feels like home. There's a good bunch here. We can be a little opinionated, but that makes the world go round.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back