Newbie, wanting some C&C

dyliebug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the first time that I have posted on this board. I just bought a Nikon D5000 about 2 weeks ago and I am falling in love with it. I got it because I am a mom and love taking pictures of my boys, and now I am being brave and putting my pics here for someone to tell me what they think. Be nice on me, LOL, as I am new. The first 5 pictures are actually taken with a point and shoot Kodak c913, and the last two are taken with my Nikon. Thanks much!

matthew20083.jpg

matthew20081.jpg

matthew20082.jpg

matthew20091.jpg

Matthew-1.jpg

dylan2.jpg

dyl.jpg

As a whole, i find that they are composed too much in the center of the frame and there are some exposure issues.

The last two are under exposed and the second and fourth are slightly over exposed.

I'd like to you ask you want feel about the images, what were you trying to show and do with them, and do you feel they have any issues or room for improvement? We are our own best critiques...

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I was having trouble logging in to my account on here, saying that I had the wrong password so I waited 5 days for someone to email me and help me with it, but finally I just got a another account, hence the 2 after my user name.

I think I agree with you that these photos are centered too much, so maybe the next time I will try to do it from a different angle, to prevent them from being too centered.

As far as the under exposed/over exposed, I am a little confused on that part, as I am just learning this amazing field. I would love a little more in depth critique if you dont mind at all.

I like numbers 3&5 the others are a little bit over exposed but it takes time. i have had my Nikon d3000 for 6 months or so, and i am much better then when i 1st got it.

I also like the 3rd the way that it has the clouds reflecting with the ripples breaking them up.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back