trevorh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

i'm total newbie to photography, no formal training, so sorry for my lack of knowledge, but i wanted to check with you all and see if there is anyone nice enough to drop me a few tips.

i like to take a lot of outdoor photos. the included photo is from a hike i did along a mountain ridge. i'm shooting with a digital camera, 3.6 MP sony cybershot. my outdoor photos tend to show up lacking detail, and bland. how do i turn these photos into vivid, colorful images? i have photoshop CS, but i'm not that good with it. any suggestions?

thanks!

-Trevor

DSC01377.JPG

Welcome to the forum!!! You'll like it here a lot.

That is an awesome picture but you do need to resize it to a smaller size. I usually size mine at 640x480 but some size at more or less.

Yup I'm with the crowd here. I resize mine to under a 640x480 almost always (just good for any res that way).

Welcome to TPF!!! Yay! :cheer: another member!

In this pic I would like to see a little more contrast and saturation personally. I often overdo it in my own but I think this one could really benefit from a little adjustment. Start with the levels and then move on to saturation. Finish with a little contrast if needed. That is my VERY basic philosophy on most outdoor shots. Try it, if it looks like crap start over!

Welcome again!

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Canon Fan: I tried applying levels, saturation, and contrast using adjustment layers.

What do you think? should I make more adjustments?

Thanks

Trevor

Welcome, Trevor!

what do you guys think of the pic now? does it look fakey or too photoshopey?

I like it but would crop out some sky to make it a little more "panoramic" there is just way too much blue up there. Otherwise looks good to me :D

Welcome to TPF!!! You've come to the right place for help, these guys know what they're talking about!!!

Welcome aboard Trevor and your pic looks good to me!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back