Newbie!!!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by alpinestarhero, May 30, 2008.

1. alpinestarhero

alpinestarhero TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello everyone! I was refered to this forum by a kind chap from "forums.sv650.org"; I don't know his user name on here, but you know who you are, so hey dude!

I'm pretty new at photography; not new at taking pictures, as I have been using my girlfreinds simple HP compact camera for a while - in the right light, its an excellent camera! For my birthday this year, I got a Nikon D60 with the VR lense - it was expensive, so I had to may for most of it myself. I'm slowl slowly beginning to understand the functions, but I know experiance will help alot in getting good photos.

So, I'm willing to take any constructive critisisms of my photos and I look forward to you guys helping me along the way. I enjoy taking pictures of all types - action (particularly motorsport!), macro / close up images, portrait and scenery. I have absolutly no idea on how to use photoshop to impove the quality of my pictures, so I hope that you guys can help me with that too!

Cheers,

Matt

2. rmh159

rmh159 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Matt... welcome to the forum. I've used this forum for about... 3 years now??? (I'm sure it's listed somewhere in my Profile but I'm too lazy to look) and it's been a HUGE help. Hopefully you'll find it just as informative and useful.

For a beginner my advice would be to just learn the equipment and how to make the camera do what you want to get the image you have in your mind. I'd also say with digital to consider Photoshop (or a similar program) and learn that as well. Really I'd say a majority of your Photoshop edits will be accomplished with a handful of tools so try not to let it overwhelm you. www.good-tutorials.com is what I used to get a good start on Photoshop as well as any book I could grab at the library. If you get stuck though please PM me and I'll help where I can.

Once you have the equipment nailed I'd work on developing your creativity. Browsing shots in here and in magazines will be a HUGE help to find out what you like, what you don't like, etc.

Hope this helps a bit and best of luck.

3. alpinestarhero

alpinestarhero TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks rmh for your warm welcome! I'll have a good nose through that website you linked me too - i've got the time now uni is done for me.

When i feel a bit braver, I'll post some of my favorite pictures

Matt

4. Doug

Doug TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hello Matt and Welcome to the forum.

5. Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey Matt! Welcome! I am sure you'll find this place useful! especially for some CC!

6. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Mattie, welcome aboard.

7. thinkricky

thinkricky TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    This forum is awesome. Very informative and great people on here. I'm sure you'll love it.

8. alpinestarhero

alpinestarhero TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks guys, already getting some help! Great photo's posted on here, its really quite inspiring

Matt