Newbie!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by miniavventura, Jun 19, 2009.

1. miniavventura

miniavventura TPF Noob!

Hello.

I'm new here and new to photography, just saying hello to all and can't wait to develop actually start taking some decent photos!
    I'd love any suggestions or comments on some of my photos
    Flickr: miniavventura's Photostream

thanks!
    miniavventura :D

2. Steph

Steph No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello and welcome to TPF.

People (in general, not only on TPF) tend to be lazy, and won't click on a link to see your Flickr if you ask for comment and criticism. Why don't you post 2-3 pictures directly on here for specific C&C (see here if you don't know how do to it)?

That being said, I had a quick look at your pictures. I think you need to make sure the subject is more obvious and stands out more in the picture. Most of your pictures have very busy backgrounds, which are quite distracting. You could improve your pictures by shooting more neutral backgrounds or using a shallow depth of field to throw the background out of focus.

3. Munky

Munky TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You Have a Good Eye! Get Yourself a SLR & Start Shooting asap!

4. Samanax

Samanax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    To imbed an image from Flickr. Go to the picture you want to use from Flickr and click on "All Sizes" (above your picture). Select the size you want to display and then look below the picture for the #2 box that says "Grab the photo's URL:". Highlight to select it and then right click the selection and hit Cut (or Copy). Now go back to the TPF (The Photo Forum) post you want to imbed the image in. Click on the orange and grey icon above the message box (the one that looks like a tree with a camera in the front of it). In the box that pops up, paste the URL in box (make sure you only have 1 "http://" in the URL line before you hit the Ok button). Hit the Ok button. Click on the "Preview Post" button to see if your picture is imbedded in the post.

Digital Photography Tips For Beginners

Taking Better Pictures: Composition

Photo Composition - Your Photo As A Story

Good Photo Composition Is Essential

Learn Photo Composition

How To Make A Killer Photo Using 8 Simple Composition Rules

The Golden Section In Photo Composition

How To Improve Your Photography - 5 Easy Tricks

Digital Photography Composition Tips

5. blimes

blimes TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Greetings. I would agree completely with Steph. You need to simplify, simplify, simplify. Everytime you look through your camera you need to imagine the image on your computer screen and think about what kind of impact the image will make. Take the shot you had of a cat in profile. Image how different that shot woul dbe if instead of having all those table legs (or chair legs, or whatever) behind it, if you just had a plain wall. In fact, I can see some red on a wall in the background. If you just had the cat in front of a plain red wall the image would be much stronger.

Hope that helped.

6. miniavventura

miniavventura TPF Noob!

Thank you very much for your help and extremely helpful advice. :D

miniavventura