Newbie's 1st post

RVB Pix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here's my first post.
Taken with an Olympus E-10 + MCON
2papillon-rouge.jpg

Comments and critiques more than welcome :)

Ah!
Very nice first post.
Screen-friendly size it has, too.

And as a sucker for macro photography (with very little success herself here, I'm afraid), I'm bound to love this one.

PLUS, the insect looks extremely interesting to me, I have never seen one like this before, what is it? The wings are a wonderful colour and look like the insect is wearing them like a cloak.

The green background and the light are just perfect. Bring out the red of the "cloak" ;) so nicely.

Wow! Very nice! I love the shot. I'm not sure the thick border is doing you much good but thanks for keeping it a friendly size. I know I'm guilty of large pictures every now and then. Great detail. Can't wait to see more from you!

This is a great shot, guess we can't call you a newbie. Perhaps we will anyways.

The colors are vivid and the Depth is just right for this shot. The lighting and overall composition was done very well. It creates quite the pleasing effect. I am also pleased the subject was not centered.

Very nice. :)

Love the photo, great lighting and use of color! Welcome!

vonnagy said:
well, it certainly doesn't seem like your are a newbie to photography;) nice shot and welcome aboard :)

My thoughts exactly.
Nice work and welcome.

Welcome to the forum! This is a great shot you have here. The composition is great and the DOF is just about perfect. A great first start!

Most reactions

Back